Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What the F**K Happened?

WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED??? T.

DJI is what happened.
They marketed the Inspire 1 as "anyone" can fly it, and you clearly are not "anyone".
And 80% of ALL the problems I have read on these sights over the last 5 months were directly related to operator error, not Inspire's fault. (because "anyone" cannot really fly it ............. properly)

Reactions: AmosMoses
DJI is what happened.
They marketed the Inspire 1 as "anyone" can fly it, and you clearly are not "anyone".
And 80% of ALL the problems I have read on these sights over the last 5 months were directly related to operator error, not Inspire's fault. (because "anyone" cannot really fly it ............. properly)
Yeah, but I've had a P2 for over a year and have not had this sort of problem before - yes I crashed because I didn't understand prop backwash so I hit the sun awning on the side of the house or in the initial stages misjudged distance from trees and bushes. That's called Pilot Training! This incident was totally unexpected and with hindsight I should have stopped everything when the AC wouldn't take off. Learning curve eh?

If you havnt made any mistakes your not flying enough! ;)
Knock on wood! I've had hundreds of flights and never broke so much as a prop. I did have one crash with my P2+V3 but it was because the little sucker just shut off midflight! Trashed the camera and gimbal BUT didn't break any props. :cool: DJI warrantied and fixed it at no cast. Just took 6 weeks but they handled it very professionally and I have no complaints.
The most important things to do are a consistent pre-flight routine AND to always recalibrate EVERYTHING after a firmware update.;)

Knock on wood! I've had hundreds of flights and never broke so much as a prop. I did have one crash with my P2+V3 but it was because the little sucker just shut off midflight! Trashed the camera and gimbal BUT didn't break any props. :cool: DJI warrantied and fixed it at no cast. Just took 6 weeks but they handled it very professionally and I have no complaints.
The most important things to do are a consistent pre-flight routine AND to always recalibrate EVERYTHING after a firmware update.;)
Now, wouldn't Auto-calibration after an upgrade be a great thing?

Now, wouldn't Auto-calibration after an upgrade be a great thing?
Nah I like to do this by myself.Gives you more understanding about your Inspire.Today I was looking for how to calibrate my stickmovement(hadn't done this for a while) and It took me over 10 minutes how to do this:(.
But for all hope your next flights will be much better.:)

Nah I like to do this by myself.Gives you more understanding about your Inspire.Today I was looking for how to calibrate my stickmovement(hadn't done this for a while) and It took me over 10 minutes how to do this:(.
But for all hope your next flights will be much better.:)
Ahhh c'mon, it's got GPS, it's got Autoland and and and, what's wrong with a little Autocalibration App? You can always switch it off but I rather think for me and pilots like me, that'd be like sticking my hand into a bucket of Lobstah's - ok I live in Maine.... T.

As with all forums, we need to be careful how we title our posts. Doubtful anyone is going to search for "what the f*uck" happened" in the future. I understand your frustration and wanting help. Good Luck with your Inspire Tom!

Mistakes CAN be expensive AND time consuming when the rig has to be returned for 4-6 weeks(dog years)

Reactions: ted35 and locklin
As with all forums, we need to be careful how we title our posts. Doubtful anyone is going to search for "what the f*uck" happened" in the future. I understand your frustration and wanting help. Good Luck with your Inspire Tom!

Mistakes CAN be expensive AND time consuming when the rig has to be returned for 4-6 weeks(dog years)

wow, you registered to this site to make that 1 post?

wow

Is it just me or ....why would someone buy a 3000+ dollar quad when they have no prior quadcopter experience or 31st least what the correct names of the parts that are giving them the trouble I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way but some of the post I read blow my mind!!! Why would you put somthing that spins 4 blades at lethal speeds and could hurt sombody or possibly kill someone and not know how the thing works it's crazy to me ....again I mean no disrespect at all but please read struction manuals you can download it from the Dji website it's about a hundred pages or if you can't read there's plenty of videos on YouTube and DJi's website

Reactions: Maurice and huppe
Is it just me or ....why would someone buy a 3000+ dollar quad when they have no prior quadcopter experience or 31st least what the correct names of the parts that are giving them the trouble I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way but some of the post I read blow my mind!!! Why would you put somthing that spins 4 blades at lethal speeds and could hurt sombody or possibly kill someone and not know how the thing works it's crazy to me ....again I mean no disrespect at all but please read struction manuals you can download it from the Dji website it's about a hundred pages or if you can't read there's plenty of videos on YouTube and DJi's website
Ahhh c'mon, it's got GPS, it's got Autoland and and and, what's wrong with a little Autocalibration App? You can always switch it off but I rather think for me and pilots like me, that'd be like sticking my hand into a bucket of Lobstah's - ok I live in Maine.... T.
Lots of futures I don't use.Haven't done any autostart or landing.Still practice a lot with a drone that has none of these things.

Calibration needs a "controlled" environment so can't be done automatically. YOU need to go place the aircraft flat etc before telling it to calibrate.

What could be done is completely lock you out of flying until you've done it though.

And we can use autopilot and wireless charging, then we do not even need to go out with the inspire :eek:

The most important is to follow a flightcheck list before taking of, and do "ALL" the points on it, there is tons of flightlists on this forum! Then use your head, its anyway there sticking out from your body.

Before my first flight was all my nerves where outside on the clothes, there were thousands of flyaways on the Internet, so I thought that it was standard that one should start with this. but not a glitch at all. But everything was checked five times before take off. I kinda think that people sometimes get careless after a few flights with out problems (this ofcourse do not count for anyone in this forum!!!) and that is where the so called flyaways happens. As we say where i come from, when you point at someone, there is always pointing 3 fingers back at your self ;)

Learn from your experience but remember to take you time before flying.
Do preflight checks again and again ! If something doesn't seem right then shut everything down and check again, it's usually pilot PFC error of GPS issues. These are "aircraft" not toys and we need to respect that as we are flying in shared airspace. It would be good that everyone understands Air Law but few people do and this is a problem that will escalate in the future.

I would cherp in with 3 things, I am a stickler and a little superstitious but if possible I always will take off from a grass setting. Second I would come up with a checklist of some sort, including a takeoff sequence of some sort ....

for me - example

start motors - watch and see if they all turn at the same time,

add power - at anytime while adding power if the copter is not reacting to what you expect then shut it down and look everything over again, included tablet functions.

Off the ground check - if you do lift off at that point, as you get about 3ft off the ground do a quick stick check making sure the copter is responding as expected. at that point if good then fly

Last if you are new to the flying aspect - a must, practice - your orientation awareness - and all elements of flight out GPS mode, and get comfortable with it all, make up skills like figure 8 flying and get really good at being able to control the craft while looking at it, not through the monitor.

good luck and glad you copter is still flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters