Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What the F**K Happened?

Inspire Mini Tablet? Errr no it's a NuVision mini tablet. The props weren't spinning as the contact with the deck had stopped the motors therefore I was able to grab the top of the battery and remove it before any other unpredictable event occurred. Ibflyin, thanks for your advice. As you will all be aware, the unit doesn't come with anything like a full operating manual. I have now downloaded this from the DJI website. Yes, it was a controller calibration issue combined with unfamiliarity with the mini-Tablet. I flew the Quad today for about 20 minutes and now have a better idea of it's performance.
Check your battery. Mine acted up and took off and as it turned out I have a bad battery. I can put it in the I1 without the props on and the first battery light flashes and the camera just twitch and gets hot. I waiting to hear from DJI. I didn't turn the motors on and I used my backup I1 to test.

Hi Tom,

This is Russ from Backscatter. I just saw this post, I have thousands of hours on Helicopters/sailplanes and quads. I have an Inspire and bunch of other stuff. If you need any help or have any questions you know how to contact me, would be happy to share some MOD values and a pre flight checklist.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I tried in mode 1 today after a battery change. The props spun up but even with the left stick fully up, no takeoff! I switched to mode 2 Success! But not as stable as the first flight in mode 1. There's something here I don't understand and reading the manual doesn't help!

I tried in mode 1 today after a battery change. The props spun up but even with the left stick fully up, no takeoff! I switched to mode 2 Success! But not as stable as the first flight in mode 1. There's something here I don't understand and reading the manual doesn't help!
Maybe because in mode 1 your throttle is on the right! :rolleyes:
Page 24 of that annoying thing called the user manual.

Reactions: Busch
I refer to my initial post. I really didn't want to do another ground flip!
And yet, by your own admission you are freely swapping between Mode 1 and Mode 2 TX set up without fully understanding the implications of the changed stick/channel mapping.
Might I suggest, if you do not have access to an apple device, you either purchase or borrow one and you put in some stick time on the simulator.
It is fairly accurate in its flight dynamics and will give you a better feel and full understanding of the stick input/throw v AC response.
There are very few people on the planet who are or would be able to swap backwards and forwards between M1/M2 and have the requisite coordination and control over muscle memory to pull it off!

DUH right, missed paragraph 2. Here's another little problem. The video recording is sometimes smooth, sometimes rather jerky. Oh, I've been flying a Phantom II for a little while so I'm not a neophyte in this game. It's just that I hate complexity in operation where it's backed up by minimal instruction.

There's a point I'd like to make. This is a new product, it's just crawled off the Lab bench and only just made it's way through to Marketing. Market testing and product testing are basically crowd sourced from purchasers. Let's not mix the two. We have some bright minds in this forum and a lot of RC experience so perhaps some of the putdowns could be moderated a little in favour of a little shared experience.
Tom.

This "product" you allude to seems in my eyes to have crawled of the lab bench in a pretty successful way. By me it fly without a hickup of any kind. I had an issue, which turned out to be a usermistake.

This is not a pack out and fly toy, this is machine that require timespending on reading the manual, training and responsible behavier - not for our sake, but for our surroundings.

This forum has a lot of helpfull extremly experinced people, which we all have great help in, the only thing it takes is to read and follow their advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla