Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What would be the minimum specs for a new computer?

This will be my first solid state drive. I've learned that the OS should be on it. My question is: Should any other programs be installed on it as well? I.E. the photo editing software?

Thanks.

I had a 2009 Imac and it was not capable when it came to editing the 4k footage. Ended up getting the iMac 5K with the I7 and maxed out the ram. FCPX works very well on it.

I would get a SSD that is large enough for all of your programs and to run all the raw video you wish to decode.

I would use then use a larger non solid state drive just for data storage to store the completed videos once the decoding has completed.

This will be my first solid state drive. I've learned that the OS should be on it. My question is: Should any other programs be installed on it as well? I.E. the photo editing software?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: pops52
I ordered a lenovo y50. 16gb 512ssd i7 8gb dedicated video. AND 4k screen.... Will be receiving in 2-3 weeks

Want to share this purchase experience:

Received my computer from Tiger Direct yesterday. They actually have iBuyPower build them. I ordered mine with a 240gig solid state drive as well as a 1tb spinner. When I fired it up and checked what drives were in it I find the SSD is only 120gigs. I called Tiger Direct and they referred me (here we go) to iBuyPower. iBuyPower said they built the computer per Tiger Directs instructions (see where this is heading?) So, I call Tiger Direct back and they said I have two options. Wait 5 business days to receive an RMA slip and send the computer back then wait until iBuyPower gets some 240 gig SSD's in, or send it back for a refund. I remarked neither option sounds very good since, sending it back to wait for the correct SSD, will be at least another couple of weeks minimum. Sending back for a refund means I start all over and who knows what can go wrong next. Well then Tiger Direct comes up with a third option. The offered me $20 to live with the 120 gig SSD. I was pretty pissed but the $20 offer was almost comical. At that time I opted to start the RMA process, but after we hung up I have since decided to keep the computer and ordered a 512 gig SSD from Amazon.

The computer is a screamer. I'm happy with it, but I don't think I will buy from Tiger Direct again for the bait and switch tactic followed up by the run around experience. Just sayin......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84