Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's happened to this forum?

All moderation reports are dealt with almost imidiately. If you ever feel someone is off, just report it and we will deal with it. Most of the bigger trolls are gone but we deal with it behind the scenes. We like to be fair but at the same time we do not want to act like sensors of opinions. Any aggression or distasteful remarks towards others are taken very seriously, though.

Thanks Mazz, that's good to know :)

If im aloud to come with an input, with out being screamed at ;-) I just have received my Inspire - didnt crash it yet tho! But before buying, i was all over internet to find what was for me the best option. And the choice fell on Inspire 1. That was mostly due to this forum, i have been following and reading most posts here, and i actually find that people are very helpfull to each others.

If im aloud to come with an input, with out being screamed at ;-) I just have received my Inspire - didnt crash it yet tho! But before buying, i was all over internet to find what was for me the best option. And the choice fell on Inspire 1. That was mostly due to this forum, i have been following and reading most posts here, and i actually find that people are very helpfull to each others.

people in general is very different from one another. i guess there is a people that don't mind them being call "noobs" (choose what ever word that means the same) as they know their status and just want to learn, them there is the people that believe they know everything but really are just starting and get really offended when you recommend them to learn to start from the beginning.

i seem and participated in a lot of discussion where people refused to learn the basic and just pointed here and there claiming factory issues where they were just plain misinformed of how things operate.

Reactions: Busch
In my opinion I don't think the I1 is an entry level quad. Even though I've never built my own I still have a ton or respect for the I1 and a ton of respect for anyone who is willing to help with tips, tutorials, or life experience. There are a lot of people that have experience but won't share info. I get it, but then I don't, because if you don't want to share or be a part of the community, don't join sites like this.

Many people want to share but get bored/annoyed when asked the same thing 10 times by noobs who don't take 2 minutes searching for info on their own (that is already there 10 times as a result), and then they stop sharing.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
As a relative newcomer to quad flying, I came here looking for advice. I was interested in purchasing an I1 but wanted to learn more. Where better to ask questions than a dedicated Inspire 1 forum?

I couldn't have been more wrong!

The response to my questions was frosty and - at times - down right rude. There are clearly a number of Inspire snobs amongst the membership who resent the fact that anyone can buy into their fraternity. Others apparently have such a high opinion of their own abilities as pilots that they treat most questions from noobs as beneath contempt.

What makes matters worse, however, is the attitude of the self-declared "good" members of this forum. Instead of sheilding newcommers from such abuse or reminding others to behave they simply stand back and watch. So much for looking after the grass roots.

So, in answer to the question, "What's happened to this forum?" I would say that it is frequented by far too many people who have their heads stuck up their own backsides.

As a relative newcomer to quad flying, I came here looking for advice. I was interested in purchasing an I1 but wanted to learn more. Where better to ask questions than a dedicated Inspire 1 forum?

The response to my questions was frosty and - at times - down right rude. There are clearly a number of Inspire snobs amongst the membership who resent the fact that anyone can buy into their fraternity. Others apparently have such a high opinion of their own abilities as pilots that they treat most questions from noobs as beneath contempt.

What makes matters worse, however, is the attitude of the self-declared "good" members of this forum. Instead of sheilding newcommers from such abuse or reminding others to behave they simply stand back and watch. So much for looking after the grass roots.

So, in answer to the question, "What's happened to this forum?" I would say that it is frequented by far too many people who have their heads stuck up their own backsides.
There are a few here like that as there is in life or even any multi rotor club you might join. Overall it's not that bad imo.

Lol... I can certainly see your point... Do you have any questions? I would be more than happy to help if I can.
Bradd

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with the responses of some on this forum. This is one of the best and most informed forums dedicated to the Inspire 1. It has international coverage which can create differences in opinion, cultural norms, regulatory rules and language.

It can be frustrating that the same questions are asked repeatedly or that some vent their venom at DJI and the excellent aircraft we fly. There are a great many of us who have cut their teeth on the Inspire 1, enjoy flying immensely and have had no problems with any of the updates or their installation.

Please don't get put off and stick with it.

Last edited:

I've been really busy as of late but I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!
As for the members that get under your skin, Just ignore them.

I've come here as a P flyer to learn about the I1 which will be my next sUAV machine (or I2). I've been disappointed a lot lately on the Phantom Pilots Forum because of all of the rude behavior. It is getting to where I don't read very many of the threads there because of it. I feel the forum administrators there are not keeping the rude behavior in check soon enough. Plus, a lot of the participants' english composition is terrible which can result in post misunderstandings at times. Hopefully, this forums participants will keep it sane and productive.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont