Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whats its worth? Pre NFZ Inspire1

Reaction score
So I happened upon a used inspire 1.. looks to be a very early B version. The leg is broken on it, not badly and is certainly fixable by myself here. It appears that after the leg was broken it was put away and sat. Here is the kicker. I connect it tonight.to the remote and an Ipad with NO internet and the version on it shows NOT A ONE NFZ. Airports, stadiums, etc...all show in the map you can fly in them. NADA on the red circles with the line though them. After I get this fixed I wonder what it would be worth if it NEVER gets updated. I would not get the POI and other "features" but I could use my other one for that.

Impossible as the I1 had NFZ's from day one.

The tablet likely needs internet connectivity to download the maps and NFZ locations that correspond to the firmware version... supposing both are linked in the first place.

Reactions: The Editor
Yup, as Kilrah says, NFZ's have been there from day one (although their location and number has changed)
Once the Inspire has its GPS fix and the app has its map the NFZ's will populate on the app/map.

You can test it on the PC simulator - avoid to connect the tablet to the Internet when its connected to the RC and Inspire on. Then set coordinates over known NFZ and see if it starts. If it recognizes the NFZ it will also not fly on the simulator.

Hmm..I do a snap shot of what I'm talking about. I turned on the i1 one with out the internet and also with it just to try it. With no internet the map would not load. With it the map did load and there were no NFZ on that map. Went over the major airports in the Minneapolis and Chicago area. All showed good to fly in. No round red circle with a line. The i1 had 14 satellites at this time. I then went over to the stadiums, green bay area and Chicago. those showed good to fly. I did not check Washington DC though. I will look at it tonight and do a few screen shots. The firmware shows 1.20

You can test it on the PC simulator - avoid to connect the tablet to the Internet when its connected to the RC and Inspire on. Then set coordinates over known NFZ and see if it starts. If it recognizes the NFZ it will also not fly on the simulator.
Excuse my ignorance, is there a "PC Simulator" for Inspire? Where can I get it from?

Machoman has been analyzing the firmware. If the NFZs are embedded in the firmware, would it be possible to "edit" the firmware and remove the "list" of NFZs, assuming of course we can identify any sort of pointer/checksum that needs to be located and updated.

Excuse my ignorance, is there a "PC Simulator" for Inspire? Where can I get it from?

Machoman has been analyzing the firmware. If the NFZs are embedded in the firmware, would it be possible to "edit" the firmware and remove the "list" of NFZs, assuming of course we can identify any sort of pointer/checksum that needs to be located and updated.
No - there is no PC simulator for the Inspire. I'm afraid Machoman's concept of reality and the real world are two completely different places.
He has not been analysing the firmware code but mearly spending most of his waking hours writing diatribes about the module numbers for the individual hardware items and how DJI is secretly changing things during the hours of darkness and mixing up firmware versions.
Unfortunately his postings have been less than useful and have served to thoroughly confuse other members.

Reactions: Fidel Gonzales
@Machoman I am a level 1 developer, when I log in I see Mobile SDK and Onboard SDK. Can you point me to downloading the PC Simulator?

would it be possible to "edit" the firmware and remove the "list" of NFZs, assuming of course we can identify any sort of pointer/checksum that needs to be located and updated.

If such things would be so easy anyone having a Sony camera would already use his own firmware to unlock all the features. This will not work and if you change anything and it really starts to update its likely the whole plane gets screwed up and you cannot repair it anymore. I would not try this.

Instead just use all information available and make the best out of it without trying to change firmware.

Reactions: mtnmaddman
@Machoman I am a level 1 developer, when I log in I see Mobile SDK and Onboard SDK. Can you point me to downloading the PC Simulator?

Regarding to 3rd party Apps forums there is a download section where you can get it. Just click around a little. Its probably not allowed to post the link.

Reactions: mtnmaddman
Just register at

PC Simulator - everyone who uses Litchi or Ultimate flight has it, cannot believe you never heard of it and it was already mentioned in this forum previousely.

Firmware V1.4.0.10 released 7th September | Page 5 | DJI Inspire Forum
So you are pointing people to SDK areas and telling them to download SDK software when they may not be developers or understand what is involved?
Again, not the brightest move on your part since the area and applications are meant for development not things to play with.
I could point people to the R&D forums or give out Frank Wang's email but I do not because it would be irresponsible and cause more problems than it would solve.
You are causing a lot of confusion, complaints and giving bad advice out to individuals (like your insistence that expo or esc firmware causes jello - something that none of our other 12,600 members has reported!)

It seems to me you are trolling this community - Would you like a ban?

I love you 2 guys always fighting.
Machoman says and 2 minutes later Editor arrives, shouting and explaining good behaviour.

Nice, please editor do not ban Machoman, life would be very difficult without either of you.

Ciao

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Yup, as Kilrah says, NFZ's have been there from day one (although their location and number has changed)
Once the Inspire has its GPS fix and the app has its map the NFZ's will populate on the app/map.
Right, but in the earlier days you could still power up with no internet connectivity and fly in NFZs. Now the system knows whether or not you have an Internet connection.

Right, but in the earlier days you could still power up with no internet connectivity and fly in NFZs. Now the system knows whether or not you have an Internet connection.
???....you do not need internet connection to be able to fly.
In fact, I NEVER have anything connected to the internet when I fly as I have everything switched to airplane mode including my cell phone and anyone around me who might have one on them.
You only need internet to cache maps.

???....you do not need internet connection to be able to fly.
In fact, I NEVER have anything connected to the internet when I fly as I have everything switched to airplane mode including my cell phone and anyone around me who might have one on them.
You only need internet to cache maps.
You're not listening. What I'm saying is you could trick the inspire by booting without an Internet connection to the iPad. I doing so you could operate within NFZ. I know this because j live in a NFZ and I used to be able to trick the inspire to let me use the simulator in my house. Now the software is aware of NFZ where there or not you have an Internet/data connection.

You're not listening. What I'm saying is you could trick the inspire by booting without an Internet connection to the iPad. I doing so you could operate within NFZ. I know this because j live in a NFZ and I used to be able to trick the inspire to let me use the simulator in my house. Now the software is aware of NFZ where there or not you have an Internet/data connection.
I'm listening but you're not understanding.
NFZ's are referenced by their GPS location and longitude and latitude not whether your tablet has access to the world wide wonder web.

this is totally untrue. there are firmware updates that they released that had zero no fly zones. snatch that quad copter up. put your tablet in airplane mode and have fun

Reactions: Brandon Rowe
this is totally untrue. there are firmware updates that they released that had zero no fly zones. snatch that quad copter up. put your tablet in airplane mode and have fun
Ahhhh.... I see you are in troll mode today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669