Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whats its worth? Pre NFZ Inspire1

i see your in "im a certified r/c pilot, everything i say is true" mode which is like saying your a manager at a burger king and you know how the hadron cern collider works.
There maybe quantum physicists working at Burger King you know.

I'm listening but you're not understanding.
NFZ's are referenced by their GPS location and longitude and latitude not whether your tablet has access to the world wide wonder web.
Previously they did not use the GPS which is why this entire thread was started.

Previously they did not use the GPS which is why this entire thread was started.
Ahhhh, I see, can you please explain how previous incarnations of the NFZ managed to work out where the aircraft was in reference to the long and lat of the NFZ if it didn't have GPS data to get its positional information from?

Ahhhh, I see, can you please explain how previous incarnations of the NFZ managed to work out where the aircraft was in reference to the long and lat of the NFZ if it didn't have GPS data to get its fix from?
Can you please explain why, when I first purchased my Inspire in April, I was able to launch the app without a data connection and the maps contained no NFZs and I was able to use the simulator in my home which is located in a NFZ?
I don't care how the system operates now or then. It was a workaround that has since been "fixed." It's exactly what the user who started this thread is talking about.

Hmm..I do a snap shot of what I'm talking about. I turned on the i1 one with out the internet and also with it just to try it. With no internet the map would not load. With it the map did load and there were no NFZ on that map. Went over the major airports in the Minneapolis and Chicago area. All showed good to fly in. No round red circle with a line. The i1 had 14 satellites at this time. I then went over to the stadiums, green bay area and Chicago. those showed good to fly. I did not check Washington DC though. I will look at it tonight and do a few screen shots. The firmware shows 1.20
I k ow exactly what you mean. I used this trick to use the simulator in my home. Although it doesn't work anymore.

Can you please explain why, when I first purchased my Inspire in April, I was able to launch the app without a data connection and the maps contained no NFZs and I was able to use the simulator in my home which is located in a NFZ?
I don't care how the system operates now or then. It was a workaround that has since been "fixed." It's exactly what the user who started this thread is talking about.
Right, so, you're not actually talking about flying at all but using the simulator, correct?
Only your post in #14 was talking about flying and the OP didn't mention simulator

Right, so, you're not actually talking about flying at all but using the simulator, correct?
Only your post in #14 was talking about flying and the OP didn't mention simulator
I'm sure I could have flown. The inspire has to be powered in to use the simulator and the app was giving no indication of being in a NFZ. I realize that he is not talking about the simulator but he is talking about the same situation with being able to trick the system into not recognizing NFZ. I'm not saying I understand it, it's just the way it was.

No - there is no PC simulator for the Inspire. I'm afraid Machoman's concept of reality and the real world are two completely different places.
He has not been analysing the firmware code but mearly spending most of his waking hours writing diatribes about the module numbers for the individual hardware items and how DJI is secretly changing things during the hours of darkness and mixing up firmware versions.
Unfortunately his postings have been less than useful and have served to thoroughly confuse other members.

Anyone can get the PC Simulator here:
DJI Developer

Sorry gentlemen, could I know why you want to fly in a NFZ?

Looking for a door to adventure

Ah ok. I understand. Sorry I have asked as it never happens to me to fly in a NFZ. I never work at home .... Lol

Looking for a door to adventure

I purposely have not steered people to that area since it is an SDK tool - not a general release simulator.

Still, fill ya boots!

I respectfully disagree. It's a tool. The SDK is used to write apps for DJI hardware. The PC simulator is a tool to test them. If I am going to fly in a new aera I use it first to see if the drone will fly there with current FW. There are no "developer" requirements to download it. google: DJI PC Simulator.

EDIT: Correction, you do have to sign up but it's a snap.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. It's a tool. The SDK is used to write apps for DJI hardware. The PC simulator is a tool to test them. If I am going to fly in a new aera I use it first to see if the drone will fly there with current FW. There are no "developer" requirements to download it. google: DJI PC Simulator.
I guess that's why it says this on the page then:
Quote "The DJI PC Simulator is a flight simulator designed for SDK developers. The simulator creates a virtual 3D environment and provides data analysis from flight data transmitted to the PC via the UDP protocol.
The average user is not going to have a clue what RFC768 UDP transport layer is!
As I say through, fill ya boots - I'm beyond caring. :rolleyes:

I guess that's why it says this on the page then:
Quote "The DJI PC Simulator is a flight simulator designed for SDK developers. The simulator creates a virtual 3D environment and provides data analysis from flight data transmitted to the PC via the UDP protocol.

As I say through, fill ya boots - I'm beyond caring. :rolleyes:

I can read and anyone can be a developer. Hell I'm proof of that. It's a tool that you didn't know about until Machoman told you about it.

You said "No - there is no PC simulator for the Inspire. I'm afraid Machoman's concept of reality and the real world are two completely different places."

Try it, you may like it.

I can read and anyone can be a developer. Hell I'm proof of that. It's a tool that you didn't know about until Machoman told you about it.

You said "No - there is no PC simulator for the Inspire. I'm afraid Machoman's concept of reality and the real world are two completely different places."

Try it, you may like it.
If you say so. I am privy to a lot of different information from DJI - hell, they offered me a job. However my NDA prevents me from spilling as much information as I would like to or I choose not to make some links available because it could easily cause more aggrevation on this forum than its worth - especially for Mazz and I who have to moderate here.
Interesting though, that I banned Machoman last week for a cool off period and then you appear two days afterwards with 4 posts to your name all of which seem argumentative and having the same tone as Machoman.
Perhaps this is the way the forum is heading now......

The only thing it means is that the particular NFZ you're in was likely added later like many others, not that there were none at all. Did you go see in other countries on the other side of the world? Because there certainly were some.

If you say so. I am privy to a lot of different information from DJI - hell, they offered me a job. However my NDA prevents me from spilling as much information as I would like to or I choose not to make some links available because it could easily cause more aggrevation on this forum than its worth - especially for Mazz and I who have to moderate here.
Interesting though, that I banned Machoman last week for a cool off period and then you appear two days afterwards with 4 posts to your name all of which seem argumentative and having the same tone as Machoman.
Perhaps this is the way the forum is heading now......

Your accusation that I am somehow involves in a conspiracy with Machoman is totally untrue. I never heard of him until a few days ago while looking over the forum before joining. What I saw was you as much as him being an instigator. You should be above that.

If you are "privy to info" as you say, why did you jump into the tread and say there is no PC Simulator? Why not say nothing? There are a lot of people using the app and saying it doesn't exist makes them loose confidence in the Moderator.

Or, was it to instigate another fight from commenters like me. Yes, I have an opinion on most things. Having a different view of a subject is only seen as argumentative by someone with the opposite view. Banning someone for comments made on a thread that YOU were involved in is unacceptable.

Reactions: Gary E
Your accusation that I am somehow involves in a conspiracy with Machoman is totally untrue. I never heard of him until a few days ago while looking over the forum before joining. What I saw was you as much as him being an instigator. You should be above that.

If you are "privy to info" as you say, why did you jump into the tread and say there is no PC Simulator? Why not say nothing? There are a lot of people using the app and saying it doesn't exist makes them loose confidence in the Moderator.

Or, was it to instigate another fight from commenters like me. Yes, I have an opinion on most things. Having a different view of a subject is only seen as argumentative by someone with the opposite view. Banning someone for comments made on a thread that YOU were involved in is unacceptable.
Now you've got that off your chest let's all have a big group hug - welcome to Inspire Pilots. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk