Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's the confidence level with current Inspire drones?

Yes multi flight mode enabled.
I did not check mod values before takeoff. I do not check mod values before every takeoff.
Compass calibrated on sidewalk.
Yes, circular, half moon motion before taking off in straight line.
OK, couple of things.....
This was almost certainly a bad compass calibration with the tell tale sign being the circular motion before flying off. This is why I NEVER calibrate in the field at a flying location - too many unknowns.
Always, Always check your mod values before every single flight. If they are not right do not take off.
If you stick to those simple guidelines you shouldn't have any more problems.
Do a search on the forum and you will see my advice on not calibrating at your flying site and the theory behind it even though DJI say calibrate every time you change your underwear!

Almost every sidewalk made has rebar in it!!!!!! That would throw your compass way off. when you re-calibrated it over the rebar you would have been way off once you took off. that "may" explain the erratic behavour IMHO

I purchased my I1 on July 7th of this year. I did a ton of research on this forum and others. Spent hours flying with the sim with the wind set to 30MPH. Starting in GPS mode taking off, then switching to ATTI mode and practising bringing it back to the yellow dot. As I contuned to read about others who experienced flyaways, some which resulted in loss, I reached a point that I thought I would just return it, so I wouldn't have to go through the anxiety of my own loss. My first flight was on July 29 and have logged five more since then. All went perfectly!

If I can impart one piece of advice to all new pilots...make a preflight checklist and follow it every time! There are some available that people have posted. Most importantly, check your compass and MOD values each time you fly. It only takes a second to do it and could save you from a loss. I'm not looking forward to my first flyaway but knowing that I've done everything that I can to try and prevent it, (plus the simulator practice), will hopefully prepare me for when it happens.

Safe flying all!

Its just like driving a car. You can buy the 40,000. or the 10,000.0 car....there is always a chance of wrecking....always ...I don't have the money to lose on a fly away but I am going to play the game and do my check list and fly in safe zones . So if it happens it happens .

I've been on air with Phantom 1, 2, f550, s900, I1.
Lots of air time.
Probably the most important thing is to get your own check list.
Before live home to site, to carry all indeed...
before fligth and after. Plenty of info on different treads.
despite that, sense the bird as soon as you take off, hover, move, sense.
...no big problems for the fan, or the ocasional pilot...but due to last updates, the problems start on the app itself and the screen / tablet you choose.
after pushing hard on the software, changing images and bringing the heat to the computer core itself, you gonna experience lag image, stall picture and even black out, due to self protection from the computer as heat build up.
the aircraft itself is flawless.
if youflight under harsh conditions, or pushing hard on the processor core, you are doomed to anything from restart app, to malfunction on tablet or ipads asthey resetand even start to reboot the program and synchronize or worst.
luckily the bird tend to complete the automatic programs inside, we're even witnessed auto takeoff, climbing andhover, to return, and often fly away. ..as the bird remember some different locations as home point.
Keep the aircraft on VLOS.
Enjoy but keep inmind the blackout may or may not happen.
chances are less with apple enviroment, android devices, crumble under pressure.
I'm grounded untill they solve the issue with cpu usage/heat/lag/collapse....
ok?
Aaaaand if you are flying atti gps, check the K index monitor, to make sure the conditions are still in the safe flight zone, under 5.

Moderator edited due to duplicate post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Editor, do you know why this happened? Reason I ask is @ 130 flights I had a failure at 17' lost all control even ATTI mode. No stick control, sent video of incident to LA for their expertise. Of course did all preflight, after takeoff complete breakdown of signal to rc. One more thing, this happened after a previous fw update, however I flew several times after. Figured to let LA deal with the issue. Perhaps a module went bad.

Did you have multiple flight mode enabled in the app?
Whilst doing your pre-flight checklist what were your mod values immediately prior to take off?
Did you compass calibrate over sand? (Bad idea)?
Did the aircraft exhibit circular motions with no stick input?
Is calibrating over sand a bad idea because of what may be underneath or am I missing something obvious?

Although I've done relatively few flights, I've only calibrated the one time. While the Compass reads 'Normal' on the App, I figure best left alone.

Editor, do you know why this happened? Reason I ask is @ 130 flights I had a failure at 17' lost all control even ATTI mode. No stick control, sent video of incident to LA for their expertise. Of course did all preflight, after takeoff complete breakdown of signal to rc. One more thing, this happened after a previous fw update, however I flew several times after. Figured to let LA deal with the issue. Perhaps a module went bad.

Did you have "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" enabled under advanced settings when you lost control at 17'? If you didn't, well ATTI mode cant be selected even if you flick the mode switch.....

Did you have "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" enabled under advanced settings when you lost control at 17'? If you didn't, well ATTI mode cant be selected even if you flick the mode switch.....
Yes, Multiple Flight Mode On. LA has checked in the unit, haven't received word yet, been about 10 days and didn't expect any response for another 10. I have a backup bird so I'm presently flying it without any issues. The occurrence happened
with the Verison A bird after 130 flights so what's to say happened. When it failed to respond the first thing checked after retrieval were to double check all my settings, and I concur MFM was still on the on position. If I discover what could have happened or a bad module I will post it.

OK, couple of things.....
This was almost certainly a bad compass calibration with the tell tale sign being the circular motion before flying off. This is why I NEVER calibrate in the field at a flying location - too many unknowns.
Always, Always check your mod values before every single flight. If they are not right do not take off.
If you stick to those simple guidelines you shouldn't have any more problems.
Do a search on the forum and you will see my advice on not calibrating at your flying site and the theory behind it even though DJI say calibrate every time you change your underwear!
Hey Editor, I see your point, especially in very congested magnetic fields, cell towers, power plants, recycling centers, home depots, and we can't forget Wally Worlds

I generally love my I1 but after it recently fell from 380ft supposedly due to an ESC error I have honestly lost a lot of confidence, I won't fly over water or anything other than open fields. Ok yea I get it we're not supposed to anyway but that kind of defeats the purpose.

I generally love my I1 but after it recently fell from 380ft supposedly due to an ESC error I have honestly lost a lot of confidence, I won't fly over water or anything other than open fields. Ok yea I get it we're not supposed to anyway but that kind of defeats the purpose.

380 ft, MacDyver? Ouch! What was your damage? And where exactly in South Florida are you? (Tampa-ish here)

Total crash and burn DJI replaced everything except the zoom lens. Miami-ish
Wow. Stinks about the lens but at least they replaced the AC. How long were you Inspireless? I had an issue last year where DJI replaced my unit, but it took 8 weeks in the service queue.

Wow. Stinks about the lens but at least they replaced the AC. How long were you Inspireless? I had an issue last year where DJI replaced my unit, but it took 8 weeks in the service queue.
About six weeks, it wasn't perfect but could've been worse. The loss of confidence however is a big hit to things I would've liked to do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669