Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

When I roll, sometimes the camera does no stay level

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by michaelthewise, May 1, 2015.

1. michaelthewise

has anyone else experienced this? It does not happen all the time, but I notice that sometimes when I roll, the image only screen seems to roll also and it appears as the gimbal is working incorrectly. It was happening so much that one day I had to land, power down and then power back on for it to go away.

2. Scotflieger

It sounds like you are in FPV mode.

3. Cheeky Monkey

My Inspire 1 has an issue with he horizontal hold, when I power it up and complete my checks I always ensure the gimbal re-acts correctly by rocking the craft from side to side and front to back. However when I fly sideways, you will see from approx 20 secs into the video link that horizon goes right off by say 5-10degrees.

Basically I'm flying the Inspire sideways/straffing in a circular motion with gimbal set 'fvp' looking directly at the subject and as I fly around it the horizon is off considerably.

I have updated drone and controllers to the latest firmware and have had this issue since purchase, firmware version "Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.2.1.0_en"

Are you experiencing the same?

4. Ferdi

Just turn FPV off. This setting basically locks the gimbal to the tilt of the craft. Once you turn off FPV you'll have no horizontal tilt unless you're moving real fast, then you might get a 1-2 degrees tilt.

5. michaelthewise

FPV is not on when this occurs.

6. Mossie

I had a similar problem once, a gimbal calibration sorted it out.

sirnikolas likes this.