Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Where Do DNG Photos Get Saved To?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Johnny Sky, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Johnny Sky

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this a newb question with the Inspire 1 - I've recorded a variety of videos and jpeg / DNG photos with my new Inspire 1. When I remove the card from the camera and insert into card reader on my Mac, the card mounts, I see DCIM folder, and inside this folder all are all .MOV and .jpeg files, no DNGs whatsoever. I've re-formatted the card and tested filming and photographing in all .mov / jpeg / DNG modes available on the Inspire. Never seen a DNG show up yet. Am I missing a step? Thanks.

2. Kilrah

Same place as the other files.

3. Paul K

You have to set it up with Fn button in DJI app on your iPod. The options are Jpeg ; DNG or both I thing it shows J+R. R is for Raw
    In computer you will open DNG with Photoshop; Lightroom or elements

4. Johnny Sky

Well, my system must be f*cked because in the DCIM folder on my card where "the other files" show up as .mov and .jpg, no .dng files whatsoever. Is this a new glitch with the latest version of the Pilot app?

5. Johnny Sky

Thanks Paul,

Problem is I cannot find where the DNGs are located once I photo them with the Pilot app set to either RAW or J+R. I have the camera in the Pilot app set to photograph as DNG, I click and apparently take a few photos in DNG mode, but when I look on the card in the DCIM folder, there are no .DNG files.

6. Wesmann

Did you ever sort this out? Maybe your computer was hiding files of dng type for some reason... try a different computer?

7. Johnny Sky

Yes it was sorted out with the next update, the DNG files just started appearing where they should on the card, thanks.