Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

where to fly in LA?

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if people new where I could fly in LA or San Francisco. Most spots in the area have a ban on drones:(

No ban on drones. La city you are unable to take off or land from public property, and because of all the helicopters we have no fly zones everywhere. as far as beach flying all the way south to dana point is a great spot, but in orange county. just use b4ufly app from the faa there are small little pieces you can fly in outside of the no fly zone. I flew in long beach and just called ATC where I was and gave them altitude I would stay below, I told them I would maintain below 300 feet. I had no problems.

No ban on drones. La city you are unable to take off or land from public property, and because of all the helicopters we have no fly zones everywhere. as far as beach flying all the way south to dana point is a great spot, but in orange county. just use b4ufly app from the faa there are small little pieces you can fly in outside of the no fly zone. I flew in long beach and just called ATC where I was and gave them altitude I would stay below, I told them I would maintain below 300 feet. I had no problems.
Thanks for the help:)

La city you are unable to take off or land from public property, and because of all the helicopters we have no fly zones everywhere.

What's the ordinance that restricts taking off and landing from public property?

Regarding the helicopters, there aren't any NFZs that I'm aware of. If you're just a hobbyist and you're operating in the airspace of a nearby airport, it's good practice to communicate with the tower beforehand. This is required if you're operating commercially. The City and LAPD might be trying to enforce something different but they have no authority once you're in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool