Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

which fpv glasses will work for p2v+ and inspire1

Well guys, I got both the Cinemizer glasses and the Moverios in.

Both had a good image. The Cinemizers connect to my iPhone 6 and display the DJI app perfectly. Nice thing about these glasses is that each eye can be focused so you don't need to wear your eyeglasses. If you order these, be aware that you need to also get the HDMI accessory for your Apple device. These goggles attach either USB or HDMI connector. So you need the apple HDMI accessory to make the connection.

The Moverios also have a nice image, but no focusing. I was surprised how vibrant the image was considering the glass is clear and exposed to the sunlight. You need to either wear your eyeglasses underneath or get some lenses fitted to the frame that comes with the goggles. The problem is, I couldn't load the DJI app - because the menus and all the instructions were in Japanese! No way to convert to English. So these go back and I ordered an "English" set from Epson directly. So I'll try again next week.

If you have the Apple HDMI accessory plugged in to the Lightning port, how do you connect to the Inspire's transmitter? It uses a wired connection rather than wifi like the Vision?

If you have the Apple HDMI accessory plugged in to the Lightning port, how do you connect to the Inspire's transmitter? It uses a wired connection rather than wifi like the Vision?

You don't plug the glasses into the ipad, you connect them to the HDMI port on the transmitter.

Yes. If you go that route, you'll want the second remote so your camera operator will use the glasses. The pilot will use an iPad on his remote with the nav app on display.

If you use the Moverios, then you could use two glasses, one on each remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="I have an email in to DJI... I'm holding off on ordering until I get an answer."[/QUOTE]

I don't want to hijack the thread but it looks like you're approaching a week without a response. This is the kind of thing that make me crazy with DJI. Don't they know the power of this kind of community buzz and how actually proving information fuels it?

I'd like the answers too so I can BUY STUFF!!!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Here's the reply I got about Moverio's, batteries, etc...

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
Inspire 1 comes with BT47 battery. Inspire APP can be compatible with Epson Moverio BT-200.
As for higher capacity battery, we still haven't got any news about when it will be in stock.
Thanks.

What exactly does "can be compatible" mean?

Here's the reply I got about Moverio's, batteries, etc...

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
Inspire 1 comes with BT47 battery. Inspire APP can be compatible with Epson Moverio BT-200.
As for higher capacity battery, we still haven't got any news about when it will be in stock.
Thanks.

What exactly does "can be compatible" mean?
I think you can take can be compatible as poor translation. Mover ios are android 4, easily compatible, I MO.

I guess I'm still being cautious since the Vision Utility App does not work on them. The programmer said it only works on 4.1 and the Moverios are 4.0 so far. I'm confident that DJI and Epson will continue to work together.

Do you think Oculus Rift would work with it in the future? I think it has better resolution than other FPV goggles.

I would think that the Rift would be made to work in the future, but keep in mind that for FAA purposes, you would not have line of sight. With the Moverios, you can keep your eye on the machine and the camera image at the same time.

Yeah, that's right. I'm thinking about what to buy. I saw a video on youtube of a guy that made FPV on Oculus Rift DK2. If that'll work, I'll surely buy one, they're much better than other conceptions.

For the Rift to work, DJI would need to make the HDMI output transform the signal with the correct distortions for display on the Rift. There is also the issue with the USB port. EML Labs have had a lot of difficulty with their Rift FPV solution with the DK2 because it requires a device (PC etc) with the correct drivers to make the Rift turn on. With the DK1 this wasn't an issue because it would turn it's display on without any USB connection.

I have a DK2 by the way and use it for FPV with my Phantom 2. It's rigged up to a laptop in the field which applies the correct transformations to the video signal.

Fyi, Tahoe and just posted this regarding the Epsom glasses

"We tried them at PhotoShop World. They are great. Unfortunately the will not work with the Inspire or Lightbridge yet just the Phantom."

FYI, the Transport Canada guidelines that recently came out require you to directly be able to see your drone. I believe that means that googles that obscure your vision, replacing direct line of sight with a close up screen are no good. On the other hand, glasses that DO allow direct viewing while also projecting information should be fine.

So here's why I am excited about my cinimizers, Head tracker. Since they are letting people mess around with the programming and do open source it is only a matter of time before the head tracker is controlling the camera. Can't wait to fly with my hands and control cam with my head. This will be great!!

Well, I got my replacement Moverio BT-200 from Epson. They are a lot easier to use when the menus are in English! Of course now I can see the language selection choice, but the other set were hopeless for me to find it.

Anyways, the instructions are fairly poor, but I was able to figure out how to load the DJI app and enable the "tap to mute" feature so that you can turn off the display to see out thru the glasses and then turn it back on. Very neat feature.

I can also confirm that DJI is saying that the Inspire will not work with them out of the box. I have hopes they will develop the app to work with them via the USB connector.

Which is better? Well for the Phantom, I prefer the Moverios. Just from an ease of use. If you have the new remote with controls on the gimbal, then you don't need to fiddle with the app at all during flight.

I don't put much stock in claims from tech companies promising features down the road. I've found that if it's not included on day 1, your chances are pretty slim getting it later on the same model. Maybe version 2.0. So if you buy the Epson unit in hopes of it working some day with the Inspire, you are taking a gamble.

So for now, I'm using the Moverios with the Phantom, and will use the Cinemizer's on the second remote on the Inspire, and an iPad mini for the pilot.

On both the image quality is excellent, as is ease of use. I don't think anyone would be unhappy with the quality of either.

Reactions: Wiski23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido