Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which iPad

Reaction score
I need a new iPad for my new Inspire 1 V2.0. Currently using a iPhone 6+.

I am considering an iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air or an iPad Mini 4. I understand the differences, but I may not realize the advantage or disadvantages of each of these with an Inspire.

I plan on using autopilot and I understand performance, or processing power may be a factor as well.

Can I get a show of hands of those that are using any of the three iPads mention and if you are happy with your choice?

Reactions: RDTech

I am considering an iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air or an iPad Mini 4. I understand the differences, but I may not realize the advantage or disadvantages of each of these with an Inspire.

I plan on using autopilot and I understand performance, or processing power may be a factor as well.

Can I get a show of hands of those that are using any of the three iPads mention and if you are happy with your choice?
I use an iPad Air 2, works flawlessly!

Reactions: The Editor
I use an iPad Air 2, works flawlessly!
+2

Two iPad Air 2's here - never (and I mean NEVER) had a single issue with either running DJI Go app.

I also have a plethora of Android things I use for testing purposes that are total garbage.
I always used to be a bit of an Apple hater but their MFI certification and software testing means that the iPad platforms are virtually bullet proof.

Reactions: Alastair
Are you buying it solely for the use as an FPV? I use the 9.7 Pro however, the. iPad 2 Air would be more than sufficient. I would suggest buying the cellular version.

Haven't used the Air, but I recently replaced a Mini 3 with iPad Pro 9.7. Huge improvement. I create a wifi hotspot with my iPhone to get Google maps in the field.

I dont know if it is needed but the wifi only versions do not have gps.

I am also looking at this - the pro vs air 2 - they are roughly both the same weight but the pro has the faster processor.

Ipad Air with Cellular (not activated). Works great! Bright sunshine is a problem though. I bought a mil-spec non-glare screen that works well with a hoodman shade...

I ended up buying an iPad Air with cellular. It seems to work well, the only real issue I have is that it is too big for the Inspire case.

I would like to get the InsPak case from Bestem Aerial, but the iPad air will not fit.

Reactions: InspireBart
another vote for iPad mini 4. Works fine and screen is clear and size suits RC. Having the right glasses to read screen and see inspire helps.

iPad Pro 9.7 here, though my Inspire 1 Pro only arrived yesterday and today is the first opportunity I've had to fly it. Seemed to work well, though the glare on the screen was difficult when the sun was shining.
I think the DJI hood is only good for the Mini, I'd like to find an OE style hood, does anyone have any suggestions?

iPad Air 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669