Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which is the sharpest lens for X5 for still images?

Reaction score
Just bought an I1pro black edition and am looking for the best lens for tack sharp still images. Either a 12mm or 15mm.

I'm not new to photography or drone flying and take 85% still images. Coming from a P4pro and hoping to get sharp, vibrant images from this crop sensor camera.

Obviously ones eyes widen at the sight of a Leica branded lens (Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH), but does it perform well? Can anyone recommend which lens is best for my application? Samples would be nice to see.

Where can you purchase the Olympus line of lenses for the X5?

Lastly, I bought the entire set up used from a DJI dealer and it listed the X5 camera but that appears to be the body only, is that normal or should it come with a DJI kit lens?

Thanks
Mike

Just bought an I1pro black edition and am looking for the best lens for tack sharp still images. Either a 12mm or 15mm.

I'm not new to photography or drone flying and take 85% still images. Coming from a P4pro and hoping to get sharp, vibrant images from this crop sensor camera.

Obviously ones eyes widen at the sight of a Leica branded lens (Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH), but does it perform well? Can anyone recommend which lens is best for my application? Samples would be nice to see.

Where can you purchase the Olympus line of lenses for the X5?

Lastly, I bought the entire set up used from a DJI dealer and it listed the X5 camera but that appears to be the body only, is that normal or should it come with a DJI kit lens?

Thanks
Mike

X5 comes with or without lens, although most I've seen come with the stock DJI 15mm, which i believe is a re branded Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH. the general opinion seems to be its an ok lens, but not great, typically the olympus seem to be the most preferred.

Thanks, you just answered my next question. The Olympus 12mm is a fair chunk of change and my dealer had suggested the 14-42 but I seriously doubt it has the clarity of the 12mm.....hence the price difference. Quality comes at a price!

Thanks, you just answered my next question. The Olympus 12mm is a fair chunk of change and my dealer had suggested the 14-42 but I seriously doubt it has the clarity of the 12mm.....hence the price difference. Quality comes at a price!
I purchased one used off a guy in NF (on Kijiji) for $450, so there are bargains out there!

Yeah that's a good deal for sure. I found a used one also for $400 usd and bought it. It just arrived today so anxious to try it out.
Post some pics!

Yeah that's a good deal for sure. I found a used one also for $400 usd and bought it. It just arrived today so anxious to try it out.
Post some pics!
Mine is supposed to arrive today as well. It has been a slow ship due to the weather here. Unfortunately it will be a while before posting pictures as it is the dead of winter here (and very windy on the Island) and I am a complete newby. Let's stay in touch - I just purchased a 45 mm well, and components (lead weights, velcro tape, a different hood) for balancing the lenses, and it would be great to compare notes as we progress. Would love to see your pictures - where are you located?

Oh for sure. I'm in southern Alberta in Lethbridge. My cousin just sent pictures from Nova Scotia and they have been getting terrific winter storms with huge amounts of snow!!
Yes, please stay in touch and we can share stories and pictures!

Right on! We moved here about 10 years ago from Calgary. I worked in the Taber area a while back - love AB! Born and raised in the West too (SK, BC, AB) Yeah - today is the first day our daughter has gone to school since last Thursday. It has been crazy, with another blizzard warning and 25cm for tomorrow!
On a more sunny note, my Olympus 12mm just arrived, and it looks beautiful. Came with an original hood too (which is a crazy expensive add on??). Tiny little thing - I am so used to BIG lenses - just sold a Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 IS (shipped at 14 lbs). I am going crazy waiting to fly (or should I say learn to fly) my Inspire. I am in negotiation with a guy to buy an X3 camera, so I have something less dear to practice with initially... I intend to fly it initially with no camera, and then add the X3 before finally going whole hog with the X5... I have been using the simulator alot, and flying cheap little drones indoors (currently waiting for replacements after breaking both...) I am also hoping to connect with one or two of the local Inspire pilots to have a bit of an opportunity to train with more experienced pilots (perhaps even using 'coach' mode for initial flights). Wish we were closer - it would be great to meet! Maybe someday!

Fantastic. You will love the Inspire and it is so easy to fly it's like having a tripod in the sky. I've had previous phantoms and have the P4pro.the inspire is much easier to see in the sky and those red/green lights can be seen a long way off.
The x3 actually takes a decent picture also. I bet there are tons of aerial photo opportunities in you area and close by.
I'm here in Lethbridge, home of the wind :(
If you have an apple product and need a sun shade for your mini or Air 2/pro I sell them:)
Good day eh!

Reactions: philipfretwell
Well - sign me up! I have an ipad Mini 2. My second tablet is a Nexus 7. Will it work for anything beside the mini? They are similar in size. How can I see the sunshade?
I know about the wind there. I was a windsurfer when I moved there (close to Taber) and was a big fan of Keho. I kite now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44