Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which sunshade is best for iPad air2 and mini3?

It works. I've had a bunch of other iPad sun shields and they all sucked, no exceptions. PadHat is great but only usable on a full sized iPad with the support struts. I wish they'd just make a stiff black version and do away with the cloth. It was a neat idea and ok for smaller tablets but with the iPad Air it's the wrong material choice.

Can you sew struts in the back fabric to make it more rigid?

Hi,

is this a money back guarantee statement? I'm actually considering the iPad Pro 12.9 so I may have to find another solution anyway..
Thanks for your question.

We have a 30 day unconditional guarantee.
The return rate is less than 2%.

It is important to hold the controller and view the tablet at the correct angle as described.
While most pilots adapt easily some have expressed discomfort in doing so.

The PadHat hybrid fits the iPad pro 9.7 if you choose to go that route.

Because we pay for out bound shipping, return shipping is provided by the customer unless there is a defect which is rare.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

It works. I've had a bunch of other iPad sun shields and they all sucked, no exceptions. PadHat is great but only usable on a full sized iPad with the support struts. I wish they'd just make a stiff black version and do away with the cloth. It was a neat idea and ok for smaller tablets but with the iPad Air it's the wrong material choice.
Hi damoncooper,

If you would like a firmer back please try using a pair of WingStruts on it as shown in the pic on Ezookiel's post above.

I leave the back struts in place the whole time, they don't seem to need to be removed even to roll it up.
I simply move the side struts to the back before rolling it.

But as I mentioned, I doubt rolling it has helped much - I'd say mine probably lost some of its natural rigidity through doing that.

I don't see why they couldn't produce a rigid plastic version I guess, but I suspect cloth will always absorb light better, and be less reflective, than even the most matt of plastics would be, so that might be why.

I was in full sun yesterday with it, and the only time it was a problem was if I let the sun come directly in under the hat at the same angle as I view it. My head just wasn't quite big enough to stop all the sun getting in, but that just meant a slight degree of turn to either left or right to stop that.

I find I still use the hood even when I stand in the shade to fly (yesterday was 6°C so I wanted all the sun I could get) because even in the shade you still get reflections on a naked screen. That doesn't happen with a PadHat, but it is an odd angle to view at if you've had many years viewing screens straight on, but it definitely WORKS, it just takes a little while to get used to. But the struts really are a must have for the large size hats. They almost ought to just be included with any hat over a certain size and then priced accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HoodiVision
That's what I'm using yes. Unusable without that on Air. Cloth is the wrong choice though.
We greatly appreciate all feedback.

Our shades were originally designed for the causal user for vacations, by the pool, at the park, commuter traveling, etc. The soft design gave the best results for sunblock, heat resistance, weight, quick and easy folded storage and the ability to toss in a bag or purse with no damage to the shade or other items. Hard shades need more room, absorb heat, have folding problems and weigh more. Plus there are many issues regarding attachment to the iPad.

We were discovered by UAV pilots and as demand quickly increased we worked with pilots, pro and amateur, to come up with solutions for their particular needs resulting in Wing Tab conversion and Wing Struts. We keep the Wing Struts as an add-on because we still have many casual use customers and did not feel it was right to increase the price for something they do not need.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Reactions: Michael Millrod
We greatly appreciate all feedback.

Our shades were originally designed for the causal user for vacations, by the pool, at the park, commuter traveling, etc. The soft design gave the best results for sunblock, heat resistance, weight, quick and easy folded storage and the ability to toss in a bag or purse with no damage to the shade or other items. Hard shades need more room, absorb heat, have folding problems and weigh more. Plus there are many issues regarding attachment to the iPad.

We were discovered by UAV pilots and as demand quickly increased we worked with pilots, pro and amateur, to come up with solutions for their particular needs resulting in Wing Tab conversion and Wing Struts. We keep the Wing Struts as an add-on because we still have many casual use customers and did not feel it was right to increase the price for something they do not need.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Adding a hard version for UAV pilots (who are telling you they prefer more support for wind etc) I think is the request here. The angle is great. The material isn't the right choice for UAV usage though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop