Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

White Hawk Down

Amazing !Your Inspire is still flying ! This is really outstanding & extraordinary, you must be a role model in this community, I really envy you... Mine is not flying anymore, I crashed it, what can I say, not everybody has your skills, or maybe it was just bad karma. Either way, just my two cents opinion, maybe this was not the place to brag about your brand new shiny Inspire. It's like going to the hospital and tell the poor patients that your health is impeccable. It's not gonna help them too much, if you know what I mean...

Did you see that my reply was NOT aimed at you? Don't misunderstand me. I am sorry that you lost your Inspire! But now that you're pressing it, go back and read your own original post.

Based on your language, it appears that you posted hoping to educate others about unnecessary risks and to apply some common sense in highly questionable flight conditions. Well, many of us do not require that education as we have already learned it from previous experiences.

My bird is still flying, not due to skill, but due to common sense.

I'm curious. Would this still be your philosophy if you were actually inside the aircraft?

Yes. In fact Inspired Uno I just did some similar last Friday. I sucked it up and owned it thus why I stated what I did.

Just for discussion sake I am an accomplished motorcycle racer who was a rookie champion in 2002. Now getting to that point is no easy cake and took a lot of risky choices.

So as I stated each one of us has a risk limit built into us and it is in our comfort level that we modulate what is risk taking and what is not.

Last edited:
You missed the point entirely. :rolleyes:

Try giving it a bit more thought.

Actually, I didn't miss anything. And speaking of "giving it a bit more tought", you should try that.
First of all, I am not trying to educate anyone on this forum, my posts are the results of my passion for DJI products and I don't see myself as a DJI guru. I simply share informations that I think it might be useful to other users on this forum, and all my posts were shared based on this principle, not like mandatory lessons & guidelines for the members of this community.

Second, you speak bravely about common sense, the secret of your success.
You just let us all know your Inspire is still flying because your common sense.
Are you serious ? Do you read your words after typing them ?

Well, don't know what kind of dictionary you're using, but your definition for common sense is a little bit different than mine.
Just because your bragging attitude "my inspire is still flying" doesn't look like common sense & human decency to me.
The fact that you still have an undamaged Inspire doesn't give you right to lecture anyone on this forum.
And definitely does not entitle you to speak about common sense.
If it's still not clear for you, let me you explain you again.

This is a thread about a crashed Inspire, due to a pilot error, as I carefully described it in my first post.
It's not a lesson, a lecture for other pilots, just because, contrary to you, I do not see myself as a person entitled to lecture people around.

You could have simply express your empathy, like other members of this forum, or simply receive my post as it was intented, a declaration of faith & trust in this product, even after such an unfortunate incident.

To join this thread just to let me know your Inspire is still flying is completely innapropriate and does not look like common sense to me.
Also please take some time and reflect at this little word: error.
It's very connected to human behaviour and it happens quite often.
And most of the time does not imply lack of common sense.
It just happens.

And just to let you know, you are able to fly your shiny unscratched Inspire just because a lot of people before you were willing to take the risk, go the extra mile and develop such an amazing machine.
Crashing one bird after another, so you can enjoy a safe & reliable aerial platform.
If you think "the future is possible" with your kind of attitude "if the client pays, I'm taking the risk, otherwise not" I am afraid your future is possible but very limited.

As a final note, please don't answer to this post again, explaning me how this incident could have been avoided and how smart & full of common sense you are.
It's not the place and definitely not the moment to describe yourself as the master of the skies, the owner of the impeccable standards.
I know that already, congratulations, I do hope you & your bird will enjoy a long and happy relationship, but right now I am trying to focus my energy on different matters, like repairing my Inspire.
If you didn't realize it yet, I crashed it.
Kind of hard, it lies in pieces in a plastic bag.
There's still a hope, quite small, to make it fly again.
If you have some advices or informations in that direction, you're welcome to share your wisdom with me and other troubled pilots around.
That I would consider a real proof of common sense & human decency.

Yes. In fact Inspired Uno I just did some similar last Friday. I sucked it up and owned it thus why I stated what I did.

Just for discussion sake I am an accomplished motorcycle racer who was a rookie champion in 2002. Now getting to that point is no easy cake and took a lot of risky choices.

So as I stated each one of us has a risk limit built into us and it is in our comfort level that we modulate what is risk taking and what is not.
Just for discussion sake I'm a accomplished bench racer and have blown dale Jr's doors off in a fantasy online race..
it might have been a dream but it felt real..
I'm also a legend in my own mind ..just ask me ill tell you..lol..:D

Reactions: crashburn
Re: your last flight data files. What is your default file type mov/mp4? There are tools to fix the files caused by the ejection of the battery prior to the normal closing of the recording process. You just need to get the appropriate free utility to save your last flight file.

Well, with so many racers around I have to share this, a feast for your eyes :)
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmw-art-and-music-the-art-car-project-in-miniature-5370.html

Fine. Sorry for the thread jack but I'll share some photos:
MF1A5408-X2.jpg

MF1A7119-X2.jpg

Reactions: Black Sky
Lol there you are. You gonna make this Sat right?
Ya man..
I'm in the middle of moving so I don't think I'll make it up there this saturday..it's a three hour drive..
Keigwins at the track is at button willow this Saturday and Sunday ..there's some spots open in A group if you feel the need for speed..I'm going try and make it Sunday if you want to meet up with me..
I was wondering which series you were rookie champion in..was it CCS AFM or AMA? Turbo..

Ya man..
I'm in the middle of moving so I don't think I'll make it up there this saturday..it's a three hour drive..
Keigwins at the track is at button willow this Saturday and Sunday ..there's some spots open in A group if you feel the need for speed..I'm going try and make it Sunday if you want to meet up with me..
I was wondering which series you were rookie champion in..was it CCS AFM or AMA? Turbo..
GSMRRA
Golden State Mini Road racing Association.

I raced AFM 600 supersport in the early 90s for half a season then did lots of track days.

Lol. I know Lance Keigwin for a long long time (before he sold Keigwins). Dustin Coyner of Trackdaz is also a buddy of mine plus other track organizers. :)

Reactions: Black Sky
GSMRRA
Golden State Mini Road racing Association.

I raced AFM 600 supersport in the early 90s for half a season then did lots of track days.

Lol. I know Lance Keigwin for a long long time (before he sold Keigwins). DustiCoyner of Trackdaz is also a buddy of mine plus other track organizers. :)
Ya man..
never heard of GSMRRA..
Hope to see you out at a keigwins ..
turb..

Ya if Josh Herrin is tony the tiger I've road with him..
he's a good as they get..
Haven't had enough cash to repair my 750 yet after low siding it in turn two at laguna a few weeks ago otherwise I'd let you twist on it..
I've been along time racer and can't kick the habbit..
I ride any chance I get and love ever minute of it..
turbo..

Ya if Josh Herrin is tony the tiger I've road with him..
he's a good as they get..
Haven't had enough cash to repair my 750 yet after low siding it in turn two at laguna a few weeks ago otherwise I'd let you twist on it..
I've been along time racer and can't kick the habbit..
I ride any chance I get and love ever minute of it..
turbo..

Phew I thought you got Tony Meiring aka "Tony the Tiger" and Josh Herrin confused. Yeah Josh is very ballsy and calculating.

Kewl a fellow racer and pilot. ;)

Someday.

PS: Say Hi to Dito is also a drone pilot. ;)

Last edited:
Phew I thought you got Tony Meiring aka "Tony the Tiger" and Josh Herrin confused. Yeah Josh is very ballsy and calculating.

Kewl a fellow racer and pilot. ;)

Someday.

PS: Say Hi to Dito is also a drone pilot. ;)
Ya man..
I'm not the kind of guy who names names ..
Yes that's correct tony meiring..aka tony the tiger..one of the best I've ever seen..much faster than me..
I met Dito at laguna when I was flying my phantom. .
He also has a bad drone addiction..
His buddy told me laguna was a no fly zone and right about then he poped his trunk and said check these out..he had a phantom and some other drone .
cool guy..
Turbo..

Ya man..
I'm not the kind of guy who names names ..
Yes that's correct tony meiring..aka tony the tiger..one of the best I've ever seen..much faster than me..
I met Dito at laguna when I was flying my phantom. .
He also has a bad drone addiction..
His buddy told me laguna was a no fly zone and right about then he poped his trunk and said check these out..he had a phantom and some other drone .
cool guy..
Turbo..

Yeah Dito may show up this weekend to show his S1000 build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm