Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

White Hawk Down

Appreciate the positive attitude about the whole ordeal Mani. I too lost my first Inspire while taking some calculated risks flying through a narrow canyon. I'm back in the air with my second bird and continue to push the envelope with my shots. Some of my favorite shots are from that fatal flight, and the best shots I've taken since didn't come without at least some butterflies in the stomach.

. . .and to a point made earlier in this thread, it wasn't a total loss. There is much to salvage from any crash. After tumbling down the side of a canyon wall during a return-to-home mishap, my bird looked nearly as mangled as yours. It was a complete yard sale. The arms were broken on both sides, two motors ate it, and the camera gimbal was in pieces. But I now use the controller and battery with the new bird so there's about $750 in value still left in that. Plus I sold the remaining wreckage for parts for $750. I wish people would stop being so dramatic about the $3000 price tag. It's a pretty good value given the phenomenal shots it achieves and unless the bird crashes into the controller and incinerates on impact, one hasn't really lost $3000.

well mani way to say what the f and go for it. to bad the wind busted your copter, save up, get a new one and keep going for it.

I've had close calls myself. I've actually had my inspire inverted and it managed to correct it's self.

Appreciate the positive attitude about the whole ordeal Mani. I too lost my first Inspire while taking some calculated risks flying through a narrow canyon. . . .and to a point made earlier in this thread, it wasn't a total loss. There is much to salvage from any crash.

I would totally agree. As a newer member to the forum and even to the wider-game, I can always learn something new - even if my background is traditional aviation. So far I'm taking a very slow approach and 'safety-first' mindset when it comes to judging whether I can fly or not, and where, Hearing experiences like this reinforce to me that my approach is correct, and although it's a costly and unfortunate event, it still acts as a warning to others.

Essentially we're still in the 1920s of the powered flight equivalent to the drone-era. Reporting errors and mistakes has been critical to the global aviation industry achieving it's safety record. In my opinion these kinds of stories should be encouraged, not frowned upon.

Reactions: mdomeny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry