Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

I agree Chad that's why the only FPV I fly with is my Moverio glasses. I only use the new "Headplay" unit for people with me while I use my iPhone 6+ or 7" monitor. I'm dying to truly get the "under the hood feeling" that a good Inspire pilot could give me!
Moose

Moose, Are you using your Moverios with the DJI Pilot App? The only way I've found is thru mirror casting, but the latency was huge and connection unreliable. If you've thought thru another way to connect please share, or if you're casting is reliable do tell what tablet, casting program, etc you are using.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey K-Owl,
Actually I've only used them with my P2V+. But if you don't mind could you tell me how the M/Cast works using them with the Inspire??
PLEASE!!!
Sounds interesting....
Thanks,
Moose
Ps: my email is [email protected] rather than using this, plus I wouldn't mind having a friendly Inspire flyer I can reach out to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered on the 6th of June and got a shipping confirmation today...
I also ordered the adapters they had on their site ..
Hope they were worth the wait...
Turbo you will love them! Brought them to a barbecue in the country away from the city this weekend and they were a hit! A lot of ohhhhs! And ahhhhhhhs! My friends find it hard to believe that such technology is available to the every day Joe. They were impressed with the Inspire and the Headplays. The clarity in the goggles is amazing! It really puts you in the cockpit. I think they were a good buy but I still would not use them without a spotter. It can be disorienting when you're flying around and then realize your not flying in the direction the camera is pointing! (gotta program that C1 button to center the gimbal) Other than that.... All I can say is WOW!!! I'm going to order a couple more batteries as it only lasted an hour. I could've easily flown for three more!,,

Last edited:
Just tried the HP HD goggles on my Inspire....whow...love them.
But...with the HDMI turned on in the app the goggles have a stable screen ....but if I turn on the osd info to screen as well...both the Tab S 8.4 tablet and the HP goggles screens pixulate...some time unusable.
This does the same if I use a external HDMI input to a 19 inch screen.
No osd info to screen ...stable picture etc....turn on osd info to screen....unstable images on both Tab and goggles.
Turn off the osd info to screen ....it clears both tab and screen immediately.
Has anyone else tried this test on a external HDMI screen or the Head Play HD goggles.???
...Pete

Same problem here! Didn't think to turn off OSD, as that was primary reason for us using an external HDMI recorder/monitor. But exact same symptoms w/ OSD on.

That is a known issue when used with an andriod device. Using apple ios you will not have these problems when outputting via HDMI and OSD.

Maybe try a different mini HDMI cable? Never had any pixelation issues when using googles from the controller with OSD on.

The pixelation was awful with the Nvidia shield and had to sell it since not being able to use OSD out was a deal breaker.

I've just read on the DJI forums that this issue can be possibly cleared by:
  • physically separating RCs by as much as 30M
  • You may also want to change your channel setting from Auto to Custom, select the lowest bar and then adjust your transmission rate to 4mbps (lower?) The Slave Tx will have less distance than the Master. That is by design from DJI.

I don't think a reply like..."Maybe try" is what we are looking for.
It is a know issue....on many brand of tablets and HD screens.
In RCG's there is a thread on the Head Play HD goggles where this problem is discussed .
We are looking for a "informed" reply to say...we have fixed this issue . !!!
My report of this problem is a personnel experience of what actually happen's...along with other Inspire owners.
Separate dual controllers at 30m....change safety settings on channel selections....tweek the transmittion rates....have you guys actually tried what you are suggesting.
I'm not a stirrer.....but I can see when we are being fobbed off.
Of all the known issues with the Inspire/Pilot App...I have learnt to accept many of them and enjoy flying my Inspire.
I am a happy owner.
...Pete

With the Inspire ready to fly in the workshop .....leave props off for safety reasons , turn on the HDMI to App and screen in the App option...."no" osd to screen at this stage....plug the Head Play HD goggles into the TX....select the HDMI option , you can see what the the camera is pointing at clearly....OK
Both tab and HP screen's should be very stable at this point.
Now turn on the osd to screen option in the Pilot App.....my tablet screen starts to pixelate...badly....so does the HP goggles.
Now turn off the "Pilot App" on your tablet completely...yes turn the App off....the HP HD goggles become stable...with all the osd info still displayed.....stable camera view with the osd fully displayed.
If you are flying with the goggles...you wont use the tablet screen...so turn it off...all osd info still viewable through the goggles.
This works on my set up...its "not" a fix for the problem...but it allows the user to have goggles on with full osd info available.
If you were to now turn the App back on.....the screens will again start to pixelate.
Try it yourself.....I have.
This tells me the App has a problem sending both the screen image "and" osd info to your HD screen or goggles.
Trying to help.
...Pete

Hey guys...
had an issue with my headplays. .
I was experiencing some pixalation,like Aussie Pete described, when I'm plugged into my rc so I decided to try the hdmi port on my shield..
Nothing happened when I plugged them into the shield ..
I was expecting the duel screen page to pop up but it didn't. .
plugged the Headplays back into the rc port and got a blank screen ever since. .
called range video and talked with Allan ..
he told me how to diagnose the issue and it turns out that I have a bad board...
he also said the hdmi cable has to be bi directional which I'm guessing mine isn't because I'm pretty sure that when I plugged into the shield it shorted out the board ..
anyway if you're using a shield be on the lookout for a possible short..
Allan said he would ship out a new board asap..
anyway. ..that's the way the cookie crumbles. ..
pretty cool overall though. .
I'd really like a camera with a zoom for my i1..
turb ...

Reactions: dreadwing
What cable were you using and which one will you get that will properly work with the HDMI out on the shield to the Headplays?!

Hey guys...
had an issue with my headplays. .
I was experiencing some pixalation,like Aussie Pete described, when I'm plugged into my rc so I decided to try the hdmi port on my shield..
Nothing happened when I plugged them into the shield ..
I was expecting the duel screen page to pop up but it didn't. .
plugged the Headplays back into the rc port and got a blank screen ever since. .
called range video and talked with Allan ..
he told me how to diagnose the issue and it turns out that I have a bad board...
he also said the hdmi cable has to be bi directional which I'm guessing mine isn't because I'm pretty sure that when I plugged into the shield it shorted out the board ..
anyway if you're using a shield be on the lookout for a possible short..
Allan said he would ship out a new board asap..
anyway. ..that's the way the cookie crumbles. ..
pretty cool overall though. .
I'd really like a camera with a zoom for my i1..
turb ...
I'm sure you would have done this but I have to ask. Did you select HDMI via the source button on the headplays? Try enabling "Simultaneous image output to App and HDMI" option.
(See attached photo of Dji Pilot App 1.0.7)
Also, have you tried connecting a dvd or blu-ray player directly to the headplays?
uploadfromtaptalk1437182800475.png

EDIT: Ignore this post Turb. I hadn't read your previous post [emoji58]

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions