Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

Dumb question of the day:

So am I to understand that the only way to fly the Inspire 1 with these goggles is with the mini hdmi port?

Yes, HDMI is pretty much the only solution for the Inspire with any set of googles, as none that I am aware of have any built in functionality for receiving a lightbridge signal. We're dependent on the controller to receive and carry the video output to the goggles via HDMI.

If you added a secondary FPV camera/transmitter as some on the forum have, the Headplay does have a built in receiver to interpret that, but it is unlikely to look nearly as clear as the HDMI feed.

Yes, HDMI is pretty much the only solution for the Inspire with any set of googles, as none that I am aware of have any built in functionality for receiving a lightbridge signal. We're dependent on the controller to receive and carry the video output to the goggles via HDMI.

If you added a secondary FPV camera/transmitter as some on the forum have, the Headplay does have a built in receiver to interpret that, but it is unlikely to look nearly as clear as the HDMI feed.
OK. I get it. Thanks for explaining. With all the excitement I couldn't resist and just ordered mine!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey guys ...
just got off the phone with Allan at range video..
he said the production units work better than the prototype. .
also they are experiencing delays due to the availability of some components..
He said they expect to be caught up with their current orders in two to four weeks then after that they should have plenty available. .
The white Headplays will take longer ..
I hope to order mine later today..
turbo. ...

Reactions: sirnikolas
Wait... using the Headplay requires a unique not readily available cable and said cable is not included?

finger-wagging-smiley%255B1%255D.png

The solutions provided above by turbo and Frank508 are the most ideal, but the more readily available HDMI mini > standard HDMI cable with an adapter works as well. It's what I've been using. Not the most elegant solution, but you can get it quickly from Amazon through Prime. It would have been nice if the cable came with the package, but after another few test flights today, I'm more than happy with the price/performance value in what Headplay is offering. Great product so far. I've given a few people "rides" with them wearing the Headplay while I flew through the iPad, and everyone has been awed by the clarity and immersive feel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00608WXGA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041TF4QQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I hope getfpv.com starts shipping the second batch next week. I ordered a white pair April 10th. Starting to feel like as long of a wait for Inspire pre orders! :oops:

My Headplays came in last Monday. I can attest that these are a game changer. I have a set of Fat Shark Dom's that I fly with my Disco Pro an QAV250. I also had a pair of Zeiss Cinemizers. The Headplays blow them away. I preordered back in March and received mine as batch 1. I am taking these with me to Belize next Friday hoping to get some great shots!IMG_1062.JPGIMG_1061.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah