Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

who's next?... Firmware V01.0.330 released

I'll admit to being a cranky old cuss, but boy do these firmware updates ever piss me off. I was trying to upgrade to 330 this evening, but gave up after 35 min and only being up to 36% on the download. What developers fail to understand is that some of us live in third-world countries (Kansas) that only have 1Mbps DSL (that is actually about 300Kbps on a good day) and simply cannot deal with these huge-*** updates. Bah, going to bed now. Will have to try with a fresh set of batteries tomorrow and see what stuff that used to work no longer does once DJI gets their update on my bird.
Not like you didn't know about the updates before you bought... I see the same complaints from people in gaming communities.

Please don't put YOUR poor choices into the community like they are theirs to deal with. Move or chose a different hobby.

I agree....if it works just don't "F" with it..... out of the box I updated and I think my very first was the 240 FW - no issues - updated to the latest a week a go and same flawless no issues - out of the box just charged and fly did 2 commercials the next day. Keep flying... :)

Not like you didn't know about the updates before you bought... I see the same complaints from people in gaming communities.

Please don't put YOUR poor choices into the community like they are theirs to deal with. Move or chose a different hobby.
Not really sure that is fair as the comment relates to the WAY in which the firmware updates take place. Maybe what is wanted is a way of downloading uodates over a slow connection onto a computer and THEN upliading them to the aircraft without the aircraft being live during the initial download.
Maybe that can allready done in whcih case point the poster to how it can be done which would be the helpful approach. Which is, of course, what forums like this are all about.

Reactions: Drone_Video
So I'm just about ready to do the update. I'm excited about some of the new features.

Questions:
1) is now the time??
2) I'm going to update to .240 and then to .340. Any other tips for successful updates not covered in normal procedure w/ computer/USB/assistant?
3) Has anyone seen improvement in the blacks? w/:
  • Enhanced the quality of dark parts of videos in the Apple ProRes format.

•  Enhanced color transition in the dark parts of D-Log videos.

Thanks!

SWindy

If you want to go to .0330 there is no need to go to .0240.
Watch the Dji Support on Youtube about the I2 firmware updatr.
Update the Dji Go 4 first.
Fully charge batteries and rc.
Connect your camera.
Get connect to high-speed internet.
Follow the procedure to update aircraft firmware then remote controller.

You may encounter some pop-up message. (See my log above). Take the note. Follow the instruction. Do not cancel the update unless some serious error occurred.

It does take long time for the updating to finished.

I have flown 9 sets of battery. No issue yet. The only problem that I had was overheating of X4s recording at 4K for too long which does not relate to the firmware.

But if you decide not to go for .0240 nor .0330, I suggest you DO NOT update the Dji Go 4. Leave it at 4.04

Good luck.

Last edited:
Over 5 minutes.
It took about 20 minutes for me and it seemed to stall around 84% during the FW flashing sSHzbws stage. Just be patient as it starts to speed Shen up after that point. As stated, make sure you have fully charged batteries.
[QUOTEe="shockwave199, post: 148521, member: 17412"]How long was too long? Don't like hearing that one.[/QUOTE]
us
How long was too long? Don't like hearing that one.
It took about 20 minutes for me and it seemed to stall around 84% during the FW flashing stage. Just be patient as it starts to speed up after that point. As stated, make sure you have fully charged batteries.

Here's a new one - I finally tested the update to V01.00.0330 and couldn't take off - I got an unknown error code:124 and red flashing light on the tail of the airframe. After a bit of mucking around and downgrading back to V01.00.0240 it went away.
Waiting for some ideas from DJI Support on how to proceed to get the update done successfully. The update was done through Assistant 2 using a mac and I went up and back with the firmware versions a few times with no luck, including resetting to factor defaults... I wonder if I just wait for the new FW release and go straight to that?...
Cheers
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla