Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why I am staying with the original props...

Reaction score
This is only one reason why personally I am sticking with the original threaded props and prop locks.

Whilst in this instance it is probable a collision caused the fracture, the same thing could happen over time with stress cracks resulting ultimately in a total failure.

The original prop system while taking a few seconds longer to mount and unmount the props, affords two levels of security...... The self tightening threads and then the prop locks. Anyone who knows multirotor craft knows that redundancy is only a good thing!!

The scary pic.... :eek: (not my QR plate..... I don't use them)
092627crxxj1kyro9g1xzb.jpg

yeah I fell the same way about the new props, over time and depends on how you fly the craft I feel its goin to give out, I don't mind taking the extra 30 seconds to put on the original props if its goin to save me 3000 grand, I kinda like the whole putting on the props and taking it out of travel mode because it takes the toy feeling out of it for me. the original props is just the more secure way to go

I only have the self-tightening props with the locks (I bought from Amazon, and they're apparently not an authorized DJI dealer — weird) but I was watching the installation video for the quick-release props, and my impression was that it looked faster to attach the props, sure, but there were more potential points of failure. Now with your post, Editor, I think I'll just stick with what I've got, and not bother pursuing the quick-release ones...

Pausing for a moment of inner contemplation....
:p..... Contemplate on this:

If you are using the original props and locks and one of your locks flew off in flight, chances are nothing would happen. You would find out about it when you landed and replace if with another lock.
If one of your props came loose, the prop lock will prevent it spinning more than about 1/8th of a turn and again you would probably know nothing about it and more likely the prop would re-tighten itself in flight.
Now, turning to the QR props:
If any part of the system fails, cam, securing plate or flange on the prop then you lose a prop and your lovely Inspire makes a rapid decent to earth faster than, er...... something that's very fast !!!! You then walk over and pick up the pieces of carbon fiber and hardware and sigh and say to yourself "You know, I should have stayed with the original props but I was just too impatient to take a few more seconds to install them". :(

Last edited:
:p..... Contemplate on this:

If you are using the original props and locks and one of your locks flew off in flight, chances are nothing would happen. You would find out about it when you landed and replace if with another lock.
If one of your props came loose, the prop lock will prevent it spinning more than about 1/8th of a turn and again you would probably know nothing about it and more likely the prop would re-tighten itself in flight.
Now, turning to the QR props:
If any part of the system fails, cam, securing plate or flange on the prop then you lose a prop and your lovely Inspire makes a rapid decent to earth faster than, er...... something that's very fast !!!! You then walk over and pick up the pieces of carbon fiber and hardware and sigh. :(

Ya. I recall somewhere the quick release props and adapters have a stated limited lifespan.

I must confess that as much as I hate wasting precious minutes in prepping the original propellers, I do find comfort in the redundant safety of threads plus lock combo.

I'd agree but the problem is that the original props will be impossible to get. All dealers close to me never even got any, the first props they were supplied are the new ones...

I'd agree but the problem is that the original props will be impossible to get. All dealers close to me never even got any, the first props they were supplied are the new ones...

I think my strategy will be: stick with the original props until I can't anymore and then I guess I'll switch to the new ones.

Agree it looks like it been chewed up a bit, like you say maybe a collision, but still another reason not to like them, not that I needed any. I like the prop locks, I also like the entering/exiting travel mode as it allows me time check the craft while on the ground. Just my 2p worth @ 1.4€ or 1.53$ WOW get a holiday booked. :)

Reactions: The Editor
Agree it looks like it been chewed up a bit, like you say maybe a collision, but still another reason not to like them, not that I needed any. I like the prop locks, I also like the entering/exiting travel mode as it allows me time check the craft while on the ground. Just my 2p worth @ 1.4€ or 1.53$ WOW get a holiday booked. :)
I'm already booked (again) ...:p:p:p

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Sorry!!.....if I don't get my fix of the US each year I get withdrawal symptoms and then I start doing the compass dance in places without my Inspire....Supermarkets, Car Parks, Airports, ........

LOL, good luck with the TSA! :) Do a compass dance in the low radiation scanner that'll really bemuse them.

Reactions: The Editor
What's the final word on whether dealers are supposed to provide the new quick release props and adapters for free? Thanks.

Many reasons that could've happened. I suppose if you can snuff out on more reason the i1 would fail mid air than you should. I feel like I put too much faith in the fact the inspire motors and esc's won't fail. Redundancy is the key to safe flights.

I have the same feeling about staying with the old props. Plus there should be plenty laying around with everyone wanting to change to the new! Should stock up on them for cheap!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry