Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why I am staying with the original props...

Seems like a good place to ask the question,

does anyone else notice that the all black props seem to be harder to screw onto the motors? almost as if they are always cross threading themselves.... (they arent)

I have looked inside the nut thread on the props, and I cant see any wear, no swarf etc. but they feel wrong every time i put them on, ever since new.

Seems like a good place to ask the question,

does anyone else notice that the all black props seem to be harder to screw onto the motors? almost as if they are always cross threading themselves.... (they arent)

I have looked inside the nut thread on the props, and I cant see any wear, no swarf etc. but they feel wrong every time i put them on, ever since new.
Yes, they are all like this. The common belief is that DJI got the thread pitch very slightly out on the reverse thread motors/props.
It is such a tiny error it is insignificant but does show as a slightly tighter fit when installing/removing.

Last edited:
Yes, they are all like this. The common belief is that DJI got the thread pitch very slightly out on the reverse thread motors/props.
It is such a tiny error it is insignificant but does show as a slightly tighter fit when installing/removing.

Thats exactly what it feels like, like the thread is just a bit wrong on one of the parts, (or crossthreading) I guess that if its a known problem then it isnt really a problem? safe to continue using I assume?

Thats exactly what it feels like, like the thread is just a bit wrong on one of the parts, (or crossthreading) I guess that if its a known problem then it isnt really a problem? safe to continue using I assume?
No problem at all. Nothing to worry about.

Nobody carries original props (1345)! Any body knows who has these original props for sale?
Your only option is to phone around and get them where you can. I called 5 dealers and only 2 had very limited stock..... I cleaned them both out.
I now should have sufficient props to last me the life of the Inspire.

This is an interesting discussion. I just received my Inspire and it came with the QR props already installed. After reading this, I wonder how I could switch back to the original design. Any ideas? Is the motor the same? Is it perhaps going to be a regular maintenance item where you replace the QR units with new ones every 100 flights or so?

This is an interesting discussion. I just received my Inspire and it came with the QR props already installed. After reading this, I wonder how I could switch back to the original design. Any ideas? Is the motor the same? Is it perhaps going to be a regular maintenance item where you replace the QR units with new ones every 100 flights or so?
Manual suggests every 200 flights or whenever the cams become worn or damaged.

Well - I wont say I told you so but........ I have only ever been wrong once, that's when I thought I had made a mistake, but I hadn't :p
Quite a few reports coming through now of this happening to people...... Oh, how some doubted me :rolleyes:. Seems like me buying up all the last stock from several dealers of the old props was not such a silly move after all......

Thanks to @FictitiousPerson for spotting this and providing the pic. :)

I rest my case.....

Quote:
Just doing checks after a succesfull firmware update.
smile.gif

Reading glasses on, torch out and went over the whole craft, to my shock all quick release adaptors have hairline cracks on the shoulders where the bolts go in. I took extra care not to overtighten and have checked before and after every flight. Today i found the said cracks and thats 4-5 flights and there not safe to fly.
It seems if you pinch the 2 sides (not much force) it bends the plastic and i would presume this puts strain on the thin shoulder part where the crack is.( 2 anchor points in a circle seems liek a bad idea IMHO)

Should DJI take a look at the design and come up with a solution or confirm a torque setting before more birds start throwing these props off. Ive contacted support and am awaiting a reply.

I would suggest everyone who has them checks for these cracks or risk a prop or 2 flying off mid flight
sad.gif

210352eismtjmrxfqwtyqq.jpg

It's been reported that the "black" motor posts are anodized, and the layer is wearing off and depositing on the prop threads. A little denatured alcohol will remove that deposit on the prop threads and motor posts.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Correct me if I am wrong but I've read that the adaptors are made of hard plastic. If so, DJI should have made their adapters from aluminum instead of plastic. It is obvious that plastic will not hold up to stresses as well as aluminum.

In fact you can see on the photo that is you over torque the set screw that plastic is bound to snap.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah