Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why I am staying with the original props...

Mine are all still in bags and boxes. I honestly like my props and locks so didn't see a need to swap yet. Silly plastic parts.

Yup. Discontinued. I threw all of mine in the trash. Good riddance IMO. The QR props are VASTLY superior.
Even with cracks appearing on the adapters??? Many reports of this happening now. Or....is this another DCGOO sarcasm post I sense? :rolleyes:

What's the final word on whether dealers are supposed to provide the new quick release props and adapters for free? Thanks.

I purchased another I1... Got an email stating the issues with old props and offering 3 sets of new props with the QR bases. I'm also liking the original props. If you tighten them properly, I really doubt you will shake them loose. Add the locks and you are golden.

Just bought 4 sets of original props from DJI direct. Got them in a week.

So if anyone wants some new props, hit me up via PM.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
What is with the insessant need for some to get into the air as fast as possible? Would you do what you are doing in a real aircraft? Would you want your pilot flying you to just skip as fast as he can through his preflight cause he wants to get into the air faster. No Thanks...Screwing on the original blades gives me time to interact with the airframe. Feeling how secure the arms are, feeling the turning of the motors, is it smooth, is there a catch? This time slows me down enough to make me realize I am sending $3000.00 of my hard earned money into the sky and I really want it to come back in one piece. I think most of the horror stories about crashes are because people are not taking time to ensure they and their aircraft are ready to fly. It takes me about one minute to put on the original blades. Is that too much to ask for, for a high performance piece of equipment that will soon be flying around 50 MPH? Off my soapbox now.

I think I might add another drop of blue and loosen just a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is with the insessant need for some to get into the air as fast as possible? Would you do what you are doing in a real aircraft? Would you want your pilot flying you to just skip as fast as he can through his preflight cause he wants to get into the air faster. No Thanks...Screwing on the original blades gives me time to interact with the airframe. Feeling how secure the arms are, feeling the turning of the motors, is it smooth, is there a catch? This time slows me down enough to make me realize I am sending $3000.00 of my hard earned money into the sky and I really want it to come back in one piece. I think most of the horror stories about crashes are because people are not taking time to ensure they and their aircraft are ready to fly. It takes me about one minute to put on the original blades. Is that too much to ask for, for a high performance piece of equipment that will soon be flying around 50 MPH? Off my soapbox now.
My sentiments exactly- thank you!

I'll be staying with my originals, only concern is can't find the current safety retainers clips online to buy and stick up. Also anyone know is there are Carbon Ribre blades coming for inspire 1?

Received 6 sets of original props and another full set of locks today. The dealer only has a few sets left now.

Hoarding complete!

Maybe it is just me but I have been flying DJI for 3 years now, Phantom 2 and now the Inspire, but why are people eating through blades? I am still on my original set of blades on my Phantom 2, the replacements that came with are still in the bags. I fly a lot, and I have never found the need to get the replacements out. I check them every flight and clean off the bug death, but they seem secure and if I saw a knick in one I would replace it. Is it sandy areas that are causing you all to have to replace them?

Reactions: The Editor
Maybe it is just me but I have been flying DJI for 3 years now, Phantom 2 and now the Inspire, but why are people eating through blades? I am still on my original set of blades on my Phantom 2, the replacements that came with are still in the bags. I fly a lot, and I have never found the need to get the replacements out. I check them every flight and clean off the bug death, but they seem secure and if I saw a knick in one I would replace it. Is it sandy areas that are causing you all to have to replace them?

Same here actually. Using originals but keeping a stash just in case. Stuff happens as they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Correct me if I am wrong but I've read that the adaptors are made of hard plastic. If so, DJI should have made their adapters from aluminum instead of plastic. It is obvious that plastic will not hold up to stresses as well as aluminum.

In fact you can see on the photo that is you over torque the set screw that plastic is bound to snap.

So this is DJI's 3rd attempt at providing props for their $3000 machine. Self tightening, self tightening with plastic prop locks, and now quick release. And once again, the customer is responsible for beta testing. Having just purchased the Inspire, mine came with the QRs pre-installed. So I have no way to revert back to the version 2 props. Although mine show no sign of cracks after 5 flights, I now have this issue hanging over my head: will the props fall off or not? Takes a lot out of the enjoyment of owning one of these. So I have a decision to make. Should I send this back to B&H now while I can, or wait x months for the next attempt from DJI to come up with a fail safe prop system. After going through all the required mods on my Phantom 2v+, I am not sure I want to go through it again for the Inspire. I guess I am too old for this crap from DJI. Sorry, just ranting.

So this is DJI's 3rd attempt at providing props for their $3000 machine. Self tightening, self tightening with plastic prop locks, and now quick release. And once again, the customer is responsible for beta testing. Having just purchased the Inspire, mine came with the QRs pre-installed. So I have no way to revert back to the version 2 props. Although mine show no sign of cracks after 5 flights, I now have this issue hanging over my head: will the props fall off or not? Takes a lot out of the enjoyment of owning one of these. So I have a decision to make. Should I send this back to B&H now while I can, or wait x months for the next attempt from DJI to come up with a fail safe prop system. After going through all the required mods on my Phantom 2v+, I am not sure I want to go through it again for the Inspire. I guess I am too old for this crap from DJI. Sorry, just ranting.
Do your motors have threads on the center shaft? You may not see them at first but if you look close enough are they actually threaded.
I have not seen the later incarnations of the Inspires coming through with QR adapters pre fitted so I am not sure whether that have also changed the motor design to do away with threaded shafts altogether.
IF they are threaded and IF you can still get hold of some original props and locks it would be a five minute job to revert the motors back to the original system.

Just got the email from B&H yesterday. I'm going to stick with the original props. I like them and I check their connection before each flight. I managed to get some prop locks, but haven't used them yet. Maybe I'll put them on just to be safe...

Reactions: damoncooper
Do your motors have threads on the center shaft? You may not see them at first but if you look close enough are they actually threaded.
I have not seen the later incarnations of the Inspires coming through with QR adapters pre fitted so I am not sure whether that have also changed the motor design to do away with threaded shafts altogether.
IF they are threaded and IF you can still get hold of some original props and locks it would be a five minute job to revert the motors back to the original system.
I just received a second Inspire... Came with new props and adapters. Removing and replacing them

Inspires in stock at B&H ship with QR props installed. They also sent 3 more sets of QR's for some reason.

Bought a bunch of Self Tightening props and locks. Will hold onto the QR props but don't intend to use them at this point

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth