Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why I am staying with the original props...

I bought some after market carbon fiber props but the DJI prop locks are too small to use. Any body else using the carbon fiber props?

I've tried the Xoar CF props - work great and you screw the top plate to the motor...
Xoar PJP-T-L-INS Xoar Precision Pair Carbon Fiber Props for DJI Inspire 1

I've also tried the T-Motor CF props w/ LP adapters. Not bad, but by default they are self-tightening. I was considering putting Locktite on the adapter and then screwing on the props on the adapter much like you would do with the Xoar. Of course, using the blue version which wont hard freeze and can be cleaned off.
Propellers Archives - FlyHighUSA
(not affiliated with FlyHigh, but he is an awesome reseller!)

I've tried to do some side by side comparisons. I'll be posting a video of all three configs (1345t, Xoar, LP + T-Motor) on Youtube in a hover, yaw, positive and negative attitude and altitude. I can link it on the forum when I get around to it.

Reactions: Lesmess
Since this thread started I have done well over 300 flights using QR props both S&T types with no issues whatsoever. Yes all the posts about props flying off and subsequent crashes did worry me. I bought a torque gauge for the bolts and several other pieces of kit to carry out proper installation and maintenance / preflight checks. Perhaps I've been lucky but I believe correct installation, preflight checks and post flight inspections are the key to safe flying with the QR prop systems. On saying all that I have bought and installed Xoar CF props designed specifically for the inspire. 20 flights with them so far, not a night and day difference but quieter, smoother flying, faster reaction to stick inputs . Better handles windier conditions, looks brill on the bird. Paid £130 UK pounds for them so trying to give an honest opinion and not let the fact I paid so much influence my comments. Are they worth so much over the DJI variants, probably not, one thing for sure they ain't going to fly off during flight.

Reactions: Adrian Lane
Since this thread started I have done well over 300 flights using QR props both S&T types with no issues whatsoever. Yes all the posts about props flying off and subsequent crashes did worry me. I bought a torque gauge for the bolts and several other pieces of kit to carry out proper installation and maintenance / preflight checks. Perhaps I've been lucky but I believe correct installation, preflight checks and post flight inspections are the key to safe flying with the QR prop systems. On saying all that I have bought and installed Xoar CF props designed specifically for the inspire. 20 flights with them so far, not a night and day difference but quieter, smoother flying, faster reaction to stick inputs . Better handles windier conditions, looks brill on the bird. Paid £130 UK pounds for them so trying to give an honest opinion and not let the fact I paid so much influence my comments. Are they worth so much over the DJI variants, probably not, one thing for sure they ain't going to fly off during flight.
Xoar props look awesome but price and installation time are deal breakers for me

Yes that piece of mind is great- plus the fact that they are directly bolted to the motors; ergo they are the lightest config available.
ATTI mode with the Xoars is incredible.

I have found the Xoars to be a bit aggressive with the default gain settings. Once I tuned those they were amazing.
The T-Motors I've found to be 'floatier' and better for higher altitudes as there is more surface area.
I use them both depending on the 'mission' or task.
Not sure if its me, but I find things like waypoint missions to be more efficient battery power wise (longevity). Of course, YMWV.
Never used the DJI ones again once I got these configs going.

Xoar props look awesome but price and installation time are deal breakers for me

Yes- they do impress folks when you get them on. :) I believe its worth the $, but its not critical and I'm not trying to encourage how you spend your $.
Regardless, I found the installation a bit of a turn off initially, but after a few installs it was only about a couple minutes extra. If you use a landing mode case you save the time with the gimbal install, so it cancels out nicely in terms of install time.
I would recommend using stickers or a marking system to differentiate CW from CCW as well as it speeds up installation.

Last edited:
Yes- they do impress folks when you get them on. :) I believe its worth the $, but its not critical and I'm not trying to encourage how you spend your $.
Regardless, I found the installation a bit of a turn off initially, but after a few installs it was only about a couple minutes extra. If you use a landing mode case you save the time with the gimbal install, so it cancels out nicely in terms of install time.
I would recommend using stickers or a marking system to differentiate CW from CCW as well as it speeds up installation.
I keep the props & camera on all the time as I have a large boot (trunk) fitted with none slip mats. I will remove the props after 50 or so flights to check for prop cracks hidden by the top plate. Don't think cracks will be an issue giving the standard of the Xoar props. I have a camera lock to stop the gimbal moving when being transported in the car. The gimbal has only been off twice in 18 months.

Yes that piece of mind is great- plus the fact that they are directly bolted to the motors; ergo they are the lightest config available.
ATTI mode with the Xoars is incredible.

I have found the Xoars to be a bit aggressive with the default gain settings. Once I tuned those they were amazing.
The T-Motors I've found to be 'floatier' and better for higher altitudes as there is more surface area.
I use them both depending on the 'mission' or task.
Not sure if its me, but I find things like waypoint missions to be more efficient battery power wise (longevity). Of course, YMWV.
Never used the DJI ones again once I got these configs going.
I have dialled out some of the breaking, I have noted that I'm inadvertently putting some yaw in with forward and reverse stick inputs. I'm used to having preset programs for model type in my spectrum controllers. Haven't messed with the inspire controller as it has suited me fine until now. Any advice on how to dial out yaw sensitivity just a bit to stop this from happening?

I have dialled out some of the breaking, I have noted that I'm inadvertently putting some yaw in with forward and reverse stick inputs. I'm used to having preset programs for model type in my spectrum controllers. Haven't messed with the inspire controller as it has suited me fine until now. Any advice on how to dial out yaw sensitivity just a bit to stop this from happening?
Slide EXP down on the yaw (rudder, slide the yellow dot down) in advanced settings in Go, and you get a soft response around midstick.

It seems like there are 2 distinct groups of people. Those who like the old screw-on props and those who swear by the new quick release. I have an engineer friend who looked at the QR system and didn't like it from a structural point of view. Although he had no data or experience to base his opinion on. I decided to go back to the old screw on props with prop locks. It looks more solid to me. It takes a few seconds more to put the props on that's all. I now feel a little more secure. But each to their own (opinion) I guess.

It seems like there are 2 distinct groups of people. Those who like the old screw-on props and those who swear by the new quick release. I have an engineer friend who looked at the QR system and didn't like it from a structural point of view. Although he had no data or experience to base his opinion on. I decided to go back to the old screw on props with prop locks. It looks more solid to me. It takes a few seconds more to put the props on that's all. I now feel a little more secure. But each to their own (opinion) I guess.
Your engineer friend is a wise man. :)

Reactions: SanCap
1st Gen props and locks are a great system - while it's good that DJI kept working on things after the original fly off issues, I'm not of the opinion that the two subsequent designs are a more reliable system.

Until recently, was flying the original set of props from purchase back in March 15. All good.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide