Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why is this so cheap? What's the catch?

Reaction score
I want to pick up a second controller for my inspire, and I see on amazon there's controllers for $300 bucks or so...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2437869742&pf_rd_i=desktop

But when I look at dji or camera store pages they're listing around $650....

DJI Inspire 1 - Remote Controller | PROCAM Photo & Video Gear | Detroit - Chicago

What's the catch? Are these knock off controllers? or older models that have limited features?

I don't want to cheap out and end up with something risky, but I'm only looking to control the camera... so perhaps the limitations of an older model wouldn't be a problem?
I'm not sure... does anyone know?

Seeing lots of intermittent price drops. There's a package that crops up occasionally with a controller, battery, heater, and some other stuff for $450.

I just got it this week, I haven't had a chance to fly with it, but everything's working on the ground.

It's the one on the right with the Air 2.

Attachments

• IMG_7586.JPG
    IMG_7586.JPG
    867.1 KB · Views: 55
I want to pick up a second controller for my inspire, and I see on amazon there's controllers for $300 bucks or so...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2437869742&pf_rd_i=desktop

But when I look at dji or camera store pages they're listing around $650....

DJI Inspire 1 - Remote Controller | PROCAM Photo & Video Gear | Detroit - Chicago

What's the catch? Are these knock off controllers? or older models that have limited features?

I don't want to cheap out and end up with something risky, but I'm only looking to control the camera... so perhaps the limitations of an older model wouldn't be a problem?
I'm not sure... does anyone know?
Why do want a 2nd?
I own 2 but it doesn't work properly.
The signal always drops out basically it's useless.
Reason for being so cheap it's a joke. You buy 2 you gone want to sell 1 eventually.
Good luck but don't waste your money doubt if you will get use out it. Spare that's about it

Also, at $300, I'm sure you could make that back (or more) selling it on ebay if you don't like it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop