Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why no Range check function?

Reaction score
I was wondering why DJI have not put in a range check function like every other R/C manufacturer I have ever used (Futaba Spektrum etc). It is another layer of safety that is easy to check...
Would be very simple to implement via software and would give the user peace of mind that TX/RX are communicating reliably in the current location. Telemetry is fine but lowering the power level to very low levels and still maintaining link is a real world check/test.

There again, thinking about it...... would the 'Out of the box... I've never flown anything RC but want to fly 100 miles away' brigade ever use it?..... Guess I've answered my own question.:rolleyes:

Reactions: crashburn
You've got a continuous real time indication of signal quality and warnings if it's too bad. Much more detailed and reliable than a range check function which is thus kinda pointless.

You've got a continuous real time indication of signal quality and warnings if it's too bad. Much more detailed and reliable than a range check function which is thus kinda pointless.
Yes.... but I'm a dinosaur - I remember valves and non synthesized phase lock loop tuners and the days when you had to get off your seat to change channels on the TV !!:D

At the flight park I go to we still have a Frequency Board with clothes pins on them so people do not use the same frequency. Some people like the old school methods. I have never seen it used except by one old man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide