Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why you don't fly over other people's homes...

I didn't see ant planes or helicopters at risk in this video, but I didn't watch the whole 5 minutes of nothing, please point out the time maker where you saw at risk aircraft, thanks

Don't confuse readers with facts. There are far too many "what if" arguments that could be cited....<rolling eyes>.....

Anyone interested in co producing a movie? Drone Madness?
War of the drones? Godzilla vs. the Drone, Attack of the fifty foot drone, Drone 2077, so many apocalyptic drone movies to be made for the paranoid drone bunch.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
Jason keeps trying to get higher and higher. He seems to be maxing out at 500 meters (1,500'). He is operating in downtown Jacksonville and also very near a very strange airport, Reynolds field. Reynolds field is probably a black ops airport. It is one of the few places in Florida where you have full access to shipping, railroads and air. If you use google earth to look at Reynolds you will find thousands of identical white vehicles neatly parked on three of the four large runways at Reynolds. Looks like mostly white vans.

It's not "good for you".......................... it's "responsible"

If the FAA wanted to accomplish anything last year, they should have started with this simple rule ....................

any persons flying a uav heavier than 2 lbs (outside of their OWN private property) must register and show proof of at least $250k liability Insurance, and.........
give local police the authority to ask for proof of both, (not tell folks where they can fly, but ask for registration and ins or issue citation).

That is very simple (start) and at least holds flyers accountable, whether they claim "hobbyist" or not).

I did not post in this thread to piss you off licensed pilot, it is very clear that You follow the rules, but you are always over-the-top on everyone who is Not you.

Of course we will eventually have accidents, just like death by lawnmower, meteorite, hippo, lightning strike. Any human on the planet is at some risk. The odds of you being killed by a swarm of bees is much higher than death by drone. Let's be reasonable here please.
Registration
Insurance
Fly Responsibly

If you drive your car like an idiot, operate your lawnmower like an idiot, or fly your drone like an idiot, you will be, and should be, charged with "Reckless Endangerment"

My post is about the 'hobbyist in the USA", (the commercial guys like myself should have these two things, PLUS most of the other stuff posted in other threads about 333 and 107).

Goodnight Elizabeth :)
Your suggestion of what the FAA should have implemented last year is a logical one. I wish the same was in affect for gun ownership.

64260139.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk