Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

will a android 10.1 fit the mount?

I'm petty sure it will. I have the 10.5 galaxy tab s and it is just barely too big. But with the Samsung cover it works. The cover has a solid fold part built in that securely fsstens to DJI's mechanism.

I'm petty sure it will. I have the 10.5 galaxy tab s and it is just barely too big. But with the Samsung cover it works. The cover has a solid fold part built in that securely fsstens to DJI's mechanism.
Hey GenarO ..I'm thinking of purchasing a galaxy 10.1 ..do you mind giving me a part number or a link to where I can get a cover??

I tried it as you mentioned. Is it right?
ac378603eb8809b6ac032726dda5892b.jpg

70194c932a1e5c9a63d3d32d741bc884.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Schiffner
My Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 just fits perfectly with the clamp fully open. Beautiful screen too :)

Great for a $250 tablet. It unfortunately didn't play the 4K video files with the stock 4.4.2 ROM, BUT I just flashed it with Cyanogenmod 5.0.2 and it now does :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soflms
20150211_120439.jpg 20150211_120424.jpg 20150211_120418.jpg I have a thread on this myself. But I'll post the pics I have, of the mods I had to make for my 2014 Note 10.1 with the charger port on the side. I have to say it's awesome with the 10" screen but wasn't engineered for tablets with side buttons or charge ports. I had to Dremel out plastic to plug the tablet in. I also mentioned how the tightening bolt should be a wing nut, or a system similar to gopros tightening twist screw. That way I don't have to carry my multitool or that awkward screwdriver that came with it just to tighten the tablet mount.

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 yesterday. Now I feel dumb for not checking to see if it would fit by itself, but at least there is a workaround with the cover.

I tried it as you mentioned. Is it right?

I'm having a bit of trouble finding that specific cover/case. Anyone have a link to it?

Edit: Also, is that magnetic, or could the tab just fall forward (backward?) if you don't hold it just right?

I'm thinking about just getting a cover for it and gluing my own small rectangular mount onto the back of the cover to clamp to.

Edit #2: I found it, but still cannot confirm if the fold will "stick" or if the tab can move freely easily and is only using gravity to maintain the angle. Also, it's $70.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EF-BT800BWEGUJ

Last edited:
I have to say it's awesome with the 10" screen but wasn't engineered for tablets with side buttons or charge ports. I had to Dremel out plastic to plug the tablet in.

Sorry for two posts in a row, but wow, why would they put the port there? This is just a bad place in general. What if you want to plug in while watching media, reading, using on a table, etc.? I would really like to get the note 10.1 now that I know the Galaxy Tab S is a tiny bit too big, but I really don't want to Dremel my clamp for that (even though that would give me a good reason to bust out my awesome Dremel).

You know, I do absolutely love the tablet however the location of the port drives me nuts for that one reason alone. I get past it by rotating the tablet so it's technically upside down when plugged in, in landscape mode. I love the note for the sake that I can take my SD card out of my gopro after a day of riding, or take the SD out of my inspire cam and immediately start editing photos with my s pen. I also found a 9" ribbon style usb cable I'm going to try to use so I don't have so much slack in the stock cable. I don't like how I have extra wire bunched up by my antenna.

2015-02-12-18-56-20.png kilrah pointed out in another thread that you can shave the cable itself instead (as seen above) . I will be doing this on my other controller

Last edited:
Hey guys..thinking of buying a android 10.1 tablet and wondered if it would fit in the controller mount..anyone using one??

My Android samsung 10.1 tab pro does not fit the Inspire holder... ipad air 2 JUST fits but you cant tighten it down but it hld good, but not the 10.1 android

Aaagghhh. Actually, I was interested in getting the iPad Air 2 for the supposed "best performance" and the simulator, but I just know that the iOS and the single button is gonna bother me too much (I like the menu and return buttons on Android devices).

I originally bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, but turns out it was a crappy / shady seller on the Newegg marketplace. I canceled the order and bought the Galaxy Tab S only to find out it's about 0.23 inches too big for the holder. Now I think I'm about to buy the 10.1 again - but from Newegg themselves this time - even though the micro USB port position might annoy me in general, and just return the Galaxy Tab S when it arrives. Newegg is gonna think I'm crazy.

Haze1,
I'd try again, lots of us fit a 10.1 (as seen in thread pics) it's a tight squeeze but it will fit. I put the top in first. Are you sure your tablet isn't 10.5"?

I use a pair of Ipad Air 2 for dual control. I get 2-3 "clicks" when I snug the device holder down to lock it in.

However, I wish it were a touch bigger so I can put a decent drop-proof case on them and still be able to use the device holder. I saw somewhere in a thread where someone modified (cut and glued) an extension, but perhaps there will be an aftermarket solution somewhere..

the hunt begins

Sorry to bring up this old discussion alive again?
I m keen to know if someone found any solution to attach samsung tab 10.5 to the controller?

Doing this through the samsung cover is risky as the cover may have magnets within (which assist in easy closure of the cover) which may produce magnetic interference to the dji signal.

Sorry to bring up this old discussion alive again?
I m keen to know if someone found any solution to attach samsung tab 10.5 to the controller?

Doing this through the samsung cover is risky as the cover may have magnets within (which assist in easy closure of the cover) which may produce magnetic interference to the dji signal.

Hi Gurmeet,

Take a look on the solution proposed by this italian men. Perhaps it can guide you:
www. youtube. com / watch?v=ORkuloxp00I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44