Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Winter weather mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.rileylakeprod.com
Anybody out there done mods to their Inspire 1 to work better in the colder temps? I'm flying in the -10˚c to -30˚c range and it's all I can do to keep it in the air. Fully understand keeping the battery warm before take off but it's fully exposed on the aircraft when in flight which isn't good either. Just wondering if anyone has modified the aircraft in any way to help keep things warm while in the air? I was thinking about encapsulating the battery cage with EVA foam to give the battery another layer when in flight. Same for the exposed worm gear etc on the body where the arms connect. Minimize wind chill improve performance? Also keep snow dust from components on takeoff/landing.

Anybody out there done any cold weather mods they would be willing to share?
Cheers!

unyks

Thanks for sharing. I have some materials I'm going to play with as well. Planning to build eva foam and/or neoprene sock for around worm gear opening, then same around battery with a pocket for the hand warmers. I'm already using them to keep the batteries warm in a cooler bag anyway. Think reducing the windchill on electronics will be a good thing especially for the battery. Will post pics when I get materials built. Cheers!

I will lock this thread to stop it growing into another thread on the same subject as @unyks has kindly linked to.

Please use the search facility before posting up a new thread on subjects already running.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo