Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Won't launch from boat so I'm selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sick of this thread and peoples willingness to argue. CaptianBadge, go get in an 18 ft rib, in anything from 2ft to 10 swell and try and power up the inspire and launch. Do it show us the video. Until then shut the hell up. DJI LA, China, have all recognized that this was stripped away in one of the first software updates. They were supposed to fix it but its on there time.

I am so sick of this thread and peoples willingness to argue. CaptianBadge, go get in an 18 ft rib, in anything from 2ft to 10 swell and try and power up the inspire and launch. Do it show us the video. Until then shut the hell up. DJI LA, China, have all recognized that this was stripped away in one of the first software updates. They were supposed to fix it but its on there time.

Then why do you continue:rolleyes:

The thread says "Won't launch from a boat". Sorry if you consider a dinghy to be a boat. Secondly, I don't need to prove anything to you. Sell your Inspire (if you were able to afford one to begin with). Thirdly why the hell would you be launching from an 18 foot rib? If you are in an 18 foot rib you should be close enough to launch from shore IF it is really an issue. The majority of people are on here to discuss legitimate issues, post experiences that benefit other users and talk shop. Then there are the trolls. 18 foot RIB in 10 foot swell. The only thing you would be launching is your lunch greenhorn. LMFAO

Reactions: blade strike
The thread says "Won't launch from a boat". Sorry if you consider a dinghy to be a boat. Secondly, I don't need to prove anything to you. Sell your Inspire (if you were able to afford one to begin with). Thirdly why the hell would you be launching from an 18 foot rib? If you are in an 18 foot rib you should be close enough to launch from shore IF it is really an issue. The majority of people are on here to discuss legitimate issues, post experiences that benefit other users and talk shop. Then there are the trolls. 18 foot RIB in 10 foot swell. The only thing you would be launching is your lunch greenhorn. LMFAO

Definition of a boat (merriam-webster.com)

: a small vehicle that is used for traveling on water

: a vehicle of any size that is used for traveling on water

: a long and narrow container that is used for serving a sauce with a meal ( you)

I think i remember a picture of you some guy on a geriatric cruising cat. Go get em tiger!

Your gaf about being able to afford a boat is funny. I am ride around all day on a 28' protector, and an 18ft VSR. Far from greenhorn I work in an elite off shore environment. In the real ocean. The 18 ft VSR I am currently filming from retails for $55,000.00 USD and the 28ft Protector sells used for about $300,000.00. Our group usually has about 4.5 million dollars on the water at any given time. This isn't a hobby for me. It was a really legitimate issue. By the way you are a smelly butt to bring money into the argument.
upload_2015-3-17_16-29-57.pngVSR.png

: a long and narrow container that is used for serving a sauce with a meal ( you)

I think i remember a picture of you some guy on a geriatric cruising cat. Go get em tiger!

Your gaf about being able to afford a boat is funny. I am ride around all day on a 28' protector, and an 18ft VSR. Far from greenhorn I work in an elite off shore environment. In the real ocean. The 18 ft VSR I am currently filming from retails for $55,000.00 USD and the 28ft Protector sells used for about $300,000.00. Our group usually has about 4.5 million dollars on the water at any given time. This isn't a hobby for me. It was a really legitimate issue. By the way you are a fucking dork to bring money into the argument.
View attachment 823View attachment 825

Too bad your communication skills aren't as good as your complaining, you might actually accomplish something, Jerk.

Your gaf about being able to afford a boat is funny. I am ride around all day on a 28' protector, and an 18ft VSR. Far from greenhorn I work in an elite off shore environment. In the real ocean. The 18 ft VSR I am currently filming from retails for $55,000.00 USD and the 28ft Protector sells used for about $300,000.00. Our group usually has about 4.5 million dollars on the water at any given time. This isn't a hobby for me. It was a really legitimate issue. By the way you are a fucking dork to bring money into the argument.
View attachment 823View attachment 825
Those are cute boats! 4.5 was my budget per annum sweetheart for the 'boats' I ran. We looked at getting a Protector to put aboard one of them but the boss said they were hideous.

Reactions: Bren
Those are cute boats! 4.5 was my budget per annum sweetheart for the 'boats' I ran. We looked at getting a Protector to put aboard one of them but the boss said they were hideous.
Hahaha, well again, these boats are not yacht decorations. We actually care about keeping people safe on the water. They are used strictly as safety and support boats. You want to come run with us Captain? PM me and I will get you behind the wheel of one of these cute boats next time we sail. Last two "captains" proved their title had nothing to do with there competency when operating in our every day. The guys that run these boats including myself dont make much money. We do it because we love being out on big water in all of its forms. I dont care how much money anyone has. Just let me work on the water and I am good. I think our next run will be from Sydney to Hobart. Looks like its blowing 30knt gusting to 45knt. Are you to old for these conditions in these toy boats? They are 12 hour days. PM your resume if your interested. Put your money where your fat mouth is.

Hahaha, well again, these boats are not yacht decorations. We actually care about keeping people safe on the water. They are used strictly as safety and support boats. You want to come run with us Captain? PM me and I will get you behind the wheel of one of these cute boats next time we sail. Last two "captains" proved their title had nothing to do with there competency when operating in our every day. The guys that run these boats including myself dont make much money. We do it because we love being out on big water in all of its forms. I dont care how much money anyone has. Just let me work on the water and I am good. I think our next run will be from Sydney to Hobart. Looks like its blowing 30knt gusting to 45knt. Are you to old for these conditions in these toy boats? They are 12 hour days. PM your resume if your interested. Put your money where your fat mouth is.

Wow, Nick, Jerk, whatever your name: You are truly a piece of work. Just can't seem to let go of engaging with others in a confrontational way, can you? When anyone tries to point out that they have, in fact, successfully launched from boats, you contradict by using facetious arguments that attempt to denigrate the poster and belittle them. How does that bolster your argument?

I don't care about your seamanship, your manliness, your prowess with stinkpots or your testosterone level. Can you, in fact, fly an Inspire the way it's meant to be flown? The jury is still out on that one. I, along with others, have successfully launched from a boat, and I'm not selling. ;)

I was out SCUBA diving yesterday and brought the inspire to try and get some video. I was on a 30 ft Mako in 1'-2' seas and 10-15 kt winds. I got a warning that wouldn't let me start the motors so I packed it up disappointed, but not surprised because I had already seen this thread. I did think that I could get it started in those relatively calm conditions though.

Once inside the inlet, I decided to try again, without the props just to see if I could get the motors started. I tried several times to start them and about the fourth or fifth time they started up (the screenshot is from inside the inlet on one of the failed attempts). I added the props and after another several tries and warning messages, I was able to takeoff and had a nice 15 minute flight and called it quits after that.

I hope this can be addressed in future firmware updates, but it's not a make or break situation for me. I have 11.5 hours of flight time on the i1 and it's been great for me. Maybe a way to override this error/warning for all the boaters out there?

Attachments

• i1_SensorBias.jpg
    i1_SensorBias.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44