Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Workers Comp savings with drone use

I had an insurance company try to hire me to catch people working who were supposed to be on disability. They wanted me to go out with their investigators and spy in people. Needless to say, I declined but I am sure they just found someone else who was willing.

Reactions: Chris Hale
I had an insurance company try to hire me to catch people working who were supposed to be on disability. They wanted me to go out with their investigators and spy in people. Needless to say, I declined but I am sure they just found someone else who was willing.

While not entirely surprising given the media portrayal of drones, this is the first I've ever head of a company looking to use them for surveillance of their own employees.

While not entirely surprising given the media portrayal of drones, this is the first I've ever head of a company looking to use them for surveillance of their own employees.
Not sure if I was not clear but they wanted me to help them with their job, investigating disability fraud.

Not sure if I was not clear but they wanted me to help them with their job, investigating disability fraud.

You were clear. At the end of the day though, this is using a drone to collect information on people (albeit people who are committing fraud). It's an interesting development in commercial UAS applications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk