Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Working abroad

You actually don't need a permit for commercial work under 4kg where standard rules apply. Anything outside of the standard rules needs a Special Operating Permission. Most of my work is in rural areas so I don't need the SOP. All UAVs however must be registered with the IAA.

Eurousc are dealing direct with the IAA for me to see with additions to my ops manual whether they will accept it to gain SOP. They told me directly that I need to do the full ground school and flight test again. Eurousc and myself think this is misinformation. We'll see. There would be a relaxation of congested area, not sure about the 12 people rule though.

OK, thanks - that's helpful!

I live in the Middle East (Dubai) and my advice to anyone is: do not travel with any UAV to the region UNLESS you have a written letter in both Arabic and English from the local authorities etc etc containing your name, passport number, equipment serial numbers etc. Even then, theres no guarantee that you will be able to temporarily import and operate.

Solution For Dubai - you can align yourself with a recognised Dubai commercial operator (my company, for example) and we can facilitate your project. Self promotion fully intended!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah