Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Working in Spain - mainland and islands

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone with a CAA PFAW has worked in Spain and would be prepared to share any contact/procedure info?

I've been approached to do some work over there, but the only advice my BNUC-s course instructors could give me was "try contacting the Spanish CAA".

Just wondered whether anyone with a CAA PFAW has worked in Spain and would be prepared to share any contact/procedure info?

I've been approached to do some work over there, but the only advice my BNUC-s course instructors could give me was "try contacting the Spanish CAA".
the Spanish CAA is called AESA.

you need to register your company as a Spanish drone operator localy (would probably need a subsidiary) and you or whoever is going to flight will need to qualify as a pilot (medical exam, exam, and technical flight demonstration)

i don't see this being any easier until the european wide regulation comes into play.

Good luck! I've sent two emais to the appropriate department regarding flying in Spain. I haven't ever had a reply, that was months ago. I'm afraid dealing with anyone in Spain is almost a waste of time. :mad:

@Luis, thanks for the reply.

@Howard, i think this is going to be a long term project, the work is there, it's not time sensitive and I've been working on a plan which should at least get me in contact with the right people.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
@Luis, thanks for the reply.

@Howard, i think this is going to be a long term project, the work is there, it's not time sensitive and I've been working on a plan which should at least get me in contact with the right people.
Can I ask a favour? If it isn't too much of a chore, if you get the permissions, perhaps you'd be kind enough to forward me some information. I'd be extremely grateful.

Actually Spain has one of the most restrictive laws in Europe, not only as for what needed for becoming an approved company (It took us 4 months before we became the first registred company in the Canary Islands) but also as how many prohibitions are there, no night flying, no city flying even if you have town approval, no flying in national parks and no possibility to get permissions. We at Multicopter Canarias are actually celebrating our fourth Anniversary and are finding that we have to reject aproximately 50% of the quotes we receive and it´s sad to see that most of the rejected projects have been done by us, prior to the regulation, for three years with complete safety and zero issues.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
Actually Spain has one of the most restrictive laws in Europe, not only as for what needed for becoming an approved company (It took us 4 months before we became the first registred company in the Canary Islands) but also as how many prohibitions are there, no night flying, no city flying even if you have town approval, no flying in national parks and no possibility to get permissions. We at Multicopter Canarias are actually celebrating our fourth Anniversary and are finding that we have to reject aproximately 50% of the quotes we receive and it´s sad to see that most of the rejected projects have been done by us, prior to the regulation, for three years with complete safety and zero issues.

Thanks, that more or less confirms my understanding of things. I was hoping things may have changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar