Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Would a new firmware reduce the inspire 1 v2 range?

Reaction score
Hello and apologies to the users and the admins if this has been discussed before as I am new to the Inspire forum I could not find here or by googling any conclusive answer.

I am receiving my I1 v2 tomorrow (very happy and excited about it by the way) and I am already a phantom 3 advanced owner.

The question I have basically is would upgrading my new I1 v2 and it's RC to the latest firmware have any impact on the range?

I am saying this because I read a lot of anecdotal information that people have been reporting on this for the I1 as well as the P3A and P3P and on my P3A I upgraded couple of times and then I stopped at an old FW and it was working fine and never had range reduction or loss of signal issues like others reported on the P3A and P3P.

I am interested to know if that might be the case for I1 v2 and if it might be so what is the best FW version I should be on?

Again apologies if it has been discussed before and please respond only if u are 100% confident that u know what you are talking about as I just need some guidance and I do not wish to open a debate.

It goes without saying that I will also be trying to do the 32ch hack on the I1 v2 to improve the range by avoiding interference so no need to suggest that but please focus on the FW.

Many thanks
S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm