Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

x-5 No RC Signal NEW BLACK EDITION HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Ok My Black edition just came in and I updated the controller then tried to update craft... the app says the firmware is up to date, however the message in RED up top; NO RC SIGNAL... PLEASE help, I have to get this working for I have a job this weekend.
Also I am getting a buzzing vibration in the x-5. Is that normal?
I am wondering if I received a defective unit because I binded it to a diff controller to see if it was still a red message and sure enough No RC SIGNAL ...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ok My Black edition just came in and I updated the controller then tried to update craft... the app says the firmware is up to date, however the message in RED up top; NO RC SIGNAL... PLEASE help, I have to get this working for I have a job this weekend.
Also I am getting a buzzing vibration in the x-5. Is that normal?
I am wondering if I received a defective unit because I binded it to a diff controller to see if it was still a red message and sure enough No RC SIGNAL ...
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I am sorry to say the only thing defective is yourself for not reading the release notes before updating.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but the fact of the matter is you should NEVER update the firmware (on anything) without reading the applicable release notes beforehand.
Had you have done so you would have seen that in the notes (in bold font) it warns that you must update the aircraft first.
This has been covered numerous times on this forum as you are not the first and sadly you will not be the last to not read before updating. :rolleyes:
Use the search function on the forum and you will find various posts on the subject. Basically you will need to downgrade the RC, then upgrade the aircraft then re-upgrade the RC again.
As I final point, I have no idea why you would upgrade firmware 24 hours before a job! As you have seen, you can run into problems and then you have a bricked machine and unable to complete your job. Additionally, without running any test flights after a firmware upgrade you have no way of knowing if the aircraft has different flight characteristics or whether there are any bugs (reported or not) that you should be aware of and look out for!

I am sorry to say the only thing defective is yourself for not reading the release notes before updating.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but the fact of the matter is you should NEVER update the firmware (on anything) without reading the applicable release notes beforehand.
Had you have done so you would have seen that in the notes (in bold font) it warns that you must update the aircraft first.
This has been covered numerous times on this forum as you are not the first and sadly you will not be the last to not read before updating. :rolleyes:
Use the search function on the forum and you will find various posts on the subject. Basically you will need to downgrade the RC, then upgrade the aircraft then re-upgrade the RC again.
As I final point, I have no idea why you would upgrade firmware 24 hours before a job! As you have seen, you can run into problems and then you have a bricked machine and unable to complete your job. Additionally, without running any test flights after a firmware upgrade you have no way of knowing if the aircraft has different flight characteristics or whether there are any bugs (reported or not) that you should be aware of and look out for!
Thanks For your help... I didn't plan on doing the job this way... I was doing some work on site and was brought down by a bird strike. Which is why I had to rush this one to me.. You were dead on right about me not reading the release notes(never again)...

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks For your help... I didn't plan on doing the job this way... I was doing some work on site and was brought down by a bird strike. Which is why I had to rush this one to me.. You were dead on right about me not reading the release notes(never again)...
Have a read through some of the posts regarding downgrading the RC and then re-upgrading again and it should get you up and running. :)
If you get stuck - post back on here and I or one of the other forums members can help out.

Have a read through some of the posts regarding downgrading the RC and then re-upgrading again and it should get you up and running. :)
If you get stuck - post back on here and I or one of the other forums members can help out.
Got It late Last Night thanks to your Forum!!!!!
Great Job
Thanks Again

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa