Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Camera gimbal went black

Reaction score
I was about to make a flight but noticed that i didnt get any picture in the GO app, it was just a black picture with the text "DJI" in white letters.
I could move the gimbal from the transmitter though, but there were no information about camera settings in the GO app, it just said "N/A"

I tested the camera on my other Inspire 1 and on my OSMO handle as well and encountered the exact same thing.
I checked for bent pins etc. but everything looked good.

After a while all of a sudden the camera started working again, i didnt do anything special to get it working as far as i know?
I would like to know what happened if possible so i can try to prevent it from happening mid flight.

Anyone that has an idea of what could have caused this "blackout" ?
Thanks in advance.

I was about to make a flight but noticed that i didnt get any picture in the GO app, it was just a black picture with the text "DJI" in white letters.
I could move the gimbal from the transmitter though, but there were no information about camera settings in the GO app, it just said "N/A"

I tested the camera on my other Inspire 1 and on my OSMO handle as well and encountered the exact same thing.
I checked for bent pins etc. but everything looked good.

After a while all of a sudden the camera started working again, i didnt do anything special to get it working as far as i know?
I would like to know what happened if possible so i can try to prevent it from happening mid flight.

Anyone that has an idea of what could have caused this "blackout" ?
Thanks in advance.
Approximately how old is your X3, when was it manufactured/purchased?

The X3 is from an I1 that is a B version, i think its manufactured in March 2015. But i have only used the X3 about maximum 10 times.
Unfortunately the early ones suffered a problem with exactly the symptoms you described (although DJI will never admit it).
Working fine one day - black screen the next.
Intermittently it will work, sometimes after several reboots. Many were replaced under warranty, others had to bite the bullet and buy another X3.
Later models did not suffer the problem.

You could try a cheap swap out of the connection board and rubber gasket to rule out PCB connection issues but failing that if it keeps reoccurring I'm afraid it probably means a new X3.

Unfortunately the early ones suffered a problem with exactly the symptoms you described (although DJI will never admit it).
Working fine one day - black screen the next.
Intermittently it will work, sometimes after several reboots. Many were replaced under warranty, others had to bite the bullet and buy another X3.
Later models did not suffer the problem.

You could try a cheap swap out of the connection board and rubber gasket to rule out PCB connection issues but failing that if it keeps reoccurring I'm afraid it probably means a new X3.

Thanks i didn't knew about that problem. By early what do you mean...from approximately which date are they manufactured without this problem?
So by reading your answer i guess DJI has not acknowledged this problem.

And is it known more exactly what causes this problem, for example which part inside the camera is responsible for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide