Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

X3 Camera keeps crashing, lose all camera functions

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by filmscum, Feb 11, 2016.

1. filmscum

X3 Camera keeps "crashing"
    Hey Guys ran into a major issue today. My I1 V2 with X3 will record for a few seconds then all of the camera info will say N/A. It will do it when recording or not actually, after about 20 seconds when all info is there it will just go to N/A across the board. Still have an image and gimbal controls still work. I have tried 4 different micro SD cards (all formatted in camera and Go app) and does it on all of them. Even put it on my Osmo and same thing. When it happens a reboot will bring it back but then after a bit it happens again. In the aircraft status pane it will say gimbal disconnected but as I said still have image and gimbal controls it's just the camera functions that are greed out.

Anyone ever heard of or experienced this?

2. ringolong

Is the gimbal mounted securly?

3. filmscum

Yes Gimbal is secure and all gimbal functions work as normal.

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Faulty camera.
    If you have taken the Inspire and RC link out of the equation which you have by using the Osmo, the camera is the only thing left!
    I assume as it is a V2 you are well within warranty. Push your dealer/DJI to swap out just the camera.

5. filmscum

Yes only had it less than 2 months. The last time I flew it did a few weird things like stop recording after 30 seconds (happened twice) but then it was fine. I guess I'm contacting DJI.....

6. Simon Mallin

Had a similar sort of thing with my X3 on a v1 Inspire after about 5 mths. Turned out to be a faulty X3 and to their credit DJI had a replacement to me within four days - but that was in Europe! If your dealer is local (or there is another Inspire owner nearby) I suggest you get them to try another camera which should tell you one way or another if that's the problem.