Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Gimbal issue

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone has come across the issue i am having with my X3 , the camera works fine but when powered on the gimbal doesn't move.
This happened after i upgraded to the latest firmware.

If i go into the APP and select calibrate gimbal it says calibrating , place on flat surface then after a short while says calibration complete but it still doesnt move.

Theres no errors generated in the app about the gimbal it just doesnt move?????

I can move the gimbal by hand with no restriction so the unit itself isnt stuck.

Any ideas??????

Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone has come across the issue i am having with my X3 , the camera works fine but when powered on the gimbal doesn't move.

If i go into the APP and select calibrate gimbal it says calibrating , place on flat surface then after a short while says calibration complete but it still doesnt move.

I can move the gimbal by hand with no restriction so the unit itself isnt stuck.

Any ideas??????
Check the alignment of the gimbal plate connection pins VERY carefully.
They should be perfectly evenly spaced with no bends or misalignment.

Had the Inspire powered up today , checked all the pins and X3 contact plate , also checked the 2 cables to the mounting plate , all looked fine.

Camera is still the same?????No gimbal movement?

Had the Inspire powered up today , checked all the pins and X3 contact plate , also checked the 2 cables to the mounting plate , all looked fine.

Camera is still the same?????No gimbal movement?
Have you tried reloading the firmware? Or, downgrading the firmware then re-upgrade?
Since it happened immediately after the upgrade it maybe corrupted firmware on the camera.

That is my next step over the weekend , just in the middle of calibrating battery's so once there done i will retry.

Once complete i will post my findings.

That is my next step over the weekend , just in the middle of calibrating battery's so once there done i will retry.

Once complete i will post my findings.
Reloaded firmware and no change , i have now investigated further and it looks like the pcbs that controls the gimbal motors have burnt out as the middle of the main chip on the pcb looks scorched and the lettering has burnt away , i will post a pic later on .
I have a feeling that when i had it plugged in and it was going nuts it has burnt them out , the gimbal motors where hot to the touch when i removed it.
I love dji firmware updates!

As this issue was caused by the firmware update i would love to send it back to DJI but its out of warranty so i think its time to look for another X3 or a crashed one and remove the gimbal driver pcbs.

Hello, I have just replaced my x3's ribbon cable and are now experiencing issues, The reason for replacement of the ribbon was because I ripped the one that was in it by trying to bend the gimbal back after a crash, Note the gimbal worked after the crash and only issue was that the yaw was not centered thus the reason I wanted to bend the aluminum part back straight, I was able to replace the ribbon cable without any issues, But for some reason when I went to power the gimbal would freak out and the role motor would become very hot very quickly I haven't left it on for more then a few seconds Note even after I ripped the cable It was still working and I only didn't get video. So I'm at a loss to what it could be I Thought I did a very good job replacing this part and was super careful and took my time.

Hello, I have just replaced my x3's ribbon cable and are now experiencing issues, The reason for replacement of the ribbon was because I ripped the one that was in it by trying to bend the gimbal back after a crash, Note the gimbal worked after the crash and only issue was that the yaw was not centered thus the reason I wanted to bend the aluminum part back straight, I was able to replace the ribbon cable without any issues, But for some reason when I went to power the gimbal would freak out and the role motor would become very hot very quickly I haven't left it on for more then a few seconds Note even after I ripped the cable It was still working and I only didn't get video. So I'm at a loss to what it could be I Thought I did a very good job replacing this part and was super careful and took my time.

Where did you get the replacement cable at?

Hi Guys

Any ideas??????

Just have had the same issue, everything was quite hot after an update made and did not move...
In this case it was fixed when formating the card and reloading the firmware and udating it.
I was confused with the beeping info so I left it for too long and it did over-hit...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44