Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 ND filters suggestions

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm looking for the 'best' ND filters that is currently available on the market. Something low weight preferably. I hear SRP is a good company and they make good filters. Problem is, their filters weigh a lot like 10g. I'm worried the extra weight in the filter's will stress the gimbal motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

I'm looking for the 'best' ND filters that is currently available on the market. Something low weight preferably. I hear SRP is a good company and they make good filters. Problem is, their filters weigh a lot like 10g. I'm worried the extra weight in the filter's will stress the gimbal motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
The SRP filters are absolutely fine. I had some early pre release ones sent to me and I have had no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
There was no stressing on the gimbal motor? I hear when you power off the inspire, the camera drops down. It's like front heavy right?
Yes, the camera does drop forward but the additional weight is around 2-3grams. I have not even bothered to counterweight my X3's and I have been running the SRP's for months in all sorts of conditions.
The X5 is another animal all together and is less forgiving with balance.
The X3 with the SRP's though is not an issue.

Yes, the camera does drop forward but the additional weight is around 2-3grams. I have not even bothered to counterweight my X3's and I have been running the SRP's for months in all sorts of conditions.
The X5 is another animal all together and is less forgiving with balance.
The X3 with the SRP's though is not an issue.

Oh okay. As long as it doesn't damage the motor, I'm fine with that. I would assume repairing the motor won't be cheap. I shoot with the aspect ratio 16:9. Will I get vignetting still? Also is Polar pro bettee than SRP at all?

Oh okay. As long as it doesn't damage the motor, I'm fine with that. I would assume repairing the motor won't be cheap. I shoot with the aspect ratio 16:9. Will I get vignetting still? Also is Polar pro bettee than SRP at all?
Oh hang on a minute, I can't remember now if it's the Polar Pro's that are currently in the kit. :p
I have nearly all offerings of ND out there and now you have got me thinking it might be the PP and not the SRP's that I currently use.
Let me go check which I have in the flight cases at the moment and I will post back..........

Oh hang on a minute, I can't remember now if it's the Polar Pro's that are currently in the kit. :p
I have nearly all offerings of ND out there and now you have got me thinking it might be the PP and not the SRP's that I currently use.
Let me go check which I have in the flight cases at the moment and I will post back..........

Okay :) I know polar pro has a set of 6. Supposedly lighter with higher quality glass.

Okay :) I know polar pro has a set of 6. Supposedly lighter with higher quality glass.
Okay.....it IS the Polar Pro's I currently use!
I remember now having a chat with the guys over at PP and I explained I had issues with their earlier offerings of GoPro filters and the quality of glass they used.
They said they had hugely upped their game and totally revamped their glass and quality control and sent me over some of their X3 filters.
After some long comparative tests, those are the ones I now use. :)
Same comments as above with regards to the weigh/gimbal etc but no issues whatsoever in months of use.
Hope that helps.

Okay.....it IS the Polar Pro's I currently use!
I remember now having a chat with the guys over at PP and I explained I had issues with their earlier offerings of GoPro filters and the quality of glass they used.
They said they had hugely upped their game and totally revamped their glass and quality control and sent me over some of their X3 filters.
After some long comparative tests, those are the ones I now use. :)
Same comments as above with regards to the weigh/gimbal etc but no issues whatsoever in months of use.
Hope that helps.

Which one did you get? The 3 pack or 6?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi