Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3, no signal to ipad!!! help!

Reaction score
After starting up my Yooshi (Inspire 1) found it needed an upgrade. i also noticed the camera not giving the ipad a signal. I figured it was the upgrade that needed to be done. after the multiple failed upgrades, still no signal from camera to ipad. I have a big shoot coming up Tuesday! Anyone have this issues before m? how can i fix this! i checked the pins and upgraded everything!

please help

After starting up my Yooshi (Inspire 1) found it needed an upgrade. i also noticed the camera not giving the ipad a signal. I figured it was the upgrade that needed to be done. after the multiple failed upgrades, still no signal from camera to ipad. I have a big shoot coming up Tuesday! Anyone have this issues before m? how can i fix this! i checked the pins and upgraded everything!

please help
Make sure you have a fresh install of the upgrade. If you have tried downloading the upgrade multiple times, some operating systems will begin numbering the upgrade file name which will cause the upgrade to be rejected.

I have downloaded the new firmware multiple times. checked the pins, redownloaded dji go app, i dont know what else i have to do

Check your hidden log files. I just sent mine in for something very similar to this. It was the only option and a couple other I found had very similar problems

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

please help
Check the two ribbon cables underneath where the camera connects to the AC. I believe you'll have to remove the vibration absorbing board to access them.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

please help
Hi mate, try using your hdmi port with an adapter if needed, if this shows camera view your USB port is stuffed the hdmi port is independent from the USB ports. With the iPad pending which iPad it is the update may lag your cpu's. Although you're scenario sounds like usb failure. Hope this is helpful. Cheers

I tried changing cables, re installed it several times, checked the pins. I dont know where to find the"hidden log files" as they are hidden? i dont think i should pull apart the camera to inspect ribbons. I didnt crash it or anything.I will try using the HDMI port. Before i send it in to be replaced or repaired, i will try all of this

I tried changing cables, re installed it several times, checked the pins. I dont know where to find the"hidden log files" as they are hidden? i dont think i should pull apart the camera to inspect ribbons. I didnt crash it or anything.I will try using the HDMI port. Before i send it in to be replaced or repaired, i will try all of this

Hidden log files are easy. Google how to view hidden files for PC/Mac depending on what you're using. I think it's in the control panel for PC but you just enable it and it'll show you all the hidden files, not just for DJI products. Takes about 5 minutes if you've never done it before.

Getting to the ribbon cables are also easy. Take the camera mount off or the bottom plate that is stabilized by the rubber balls and you'll be able to see the two cables that go to the gimbal connection clear as day.

I hadn't had my inspire a week (bought used) and had it taken apart farther than that. Take pics as you go if you're worried

Your situation sounds similar to one of my birds, HDMI port will eliminate the camera and the usb hub, I paid $170 AU and easy enough to replace if you don't wish to wait for sending it away. Good luck

Hey Everyone,

I have a similar Problem, Just purchased Item Used/Like New From Amazon. It's supposed to be just Open box, but never used. The DJI GO app will not connect to the RC. It just stays at the how to page. It doesn't show go to camera view. I thought maybe it needed the firmware updated. I put the .bin file on the SD card, put it in the camera, turned on the AC, the camera does it's little dance and light blink then it just site there with the yellow lights flashing. No sound coming out of the camera. All of this done with the RC off. When I check the SD card there is no .txt file. I have checked show hidden files. I have tried this with different SD cards. different ZIP programs. I've tried all the available firmware versions on DJI's site 1.3, 1.5, 1.6. Nothing. Al of the same happens when I try and update the RC as well. I can move the camera Gimble with the RC though. Trying to send it back, but the 3rd party seller is giving me a hard time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Benson

Hey Everyone,

I have a similar Problem, Just purchased Item Used/Like New From Amazon. It's supposed to be just Open box, but never used. The DJI GO app will not connect to the RC. It just stays at the how to page. It doesn't show go to camera view. I thought maybe it needed the firmware updated. I put the .bin file on the SD card, put it in the camera, turned on the AC, the camera does it's little dance and light blink then it just site there with the yellow lights flashing. No sound coming out of the camera. All of this done with the RC off. When I check the SD card there is no .txt file. I have checked show hidden files. I have tried this with different SD cards. different ZIP programs. I've tried all the available firmware versions on DJI's site 1.3, 1.5, 1.6. Nothing. Al of the same happens when I try and update the RC as well. I can move the camera Gimble with the RC though. Trying to send it back, but the 3rd party seller is giving me a hard time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Benson
Hi Mate, sounds like your USB hub is cooked, to confirm this try using your HDMI port to TV/Computer as the HDMI port is independent from the USB circuitry. If you have camera view thru your HDMI sadly the USB on your remote has failed. They are relatively simple to replace it will cost around $140 aus to buy but this does seem to be a common problem. Let us know how it goes mate, cheers

Hello Deon,

Thank you for the reply. I'll grab a HDMI adapter tomorrow and give that a try. I am curious why the AC doesn't create a .txt file or sound. Is that comment if the firmware is up to date? When it's everything is turned on it sits there with a flashing green light and the humble moves. The motors don't spin up though. Since I've never seen it fired up, I'm completely blind on what to expect. I've never even seen the app.

Thanks again
Benson

Hello Deon,

Thank you for the reply. I'll grab a HDMI adapter tomorrow and give that a try. I am curious why the AC doesn't create a .txt file or sound. Is that comment if the firmware is up to date? When it's everything is turned on it sits there with a flashing green light and the humble moves. The motors don't spin up though. Since I've never seen it fired up, I'm completely blind on what to expect. I've never even seen the app.

Thanks again
Benson
I'm no Tech expert just speaking from own experiences, but if your gimble is active with the remote to the A/C either your fire up process isn't consistent, or R/C and A/C aren't linked or ESC failure, the problem with second hand is the unknown. I got caught with a USB hub failure which did my head in with my first Inspire,

Should I be able to fire up the motors if the Gimble works? I definitely think the USB is shot. At this point I'm trying to see if the AC is shot. Hopefully they'll take it back and I'll just get a new one. It was a really good deal though. $1,800. It has never been in the air. I appears brand new. I think I'm seeing why now. Just to clarify, it does make the beeping noise while turning on. Just not the da da da da that people say while I attemp to update the firmware. Any idea what esc replacement costs? If that's the case.

Should I be able to fire up the motors if the Gimble works? I definitely think the USB is shot. At this point I'm trying to see if the AC is shot. Hopefully they'll take it back and I'll just get a new one. It was a really good deal though. $1,800. It has never been in the air. I appears brand new. I think I'm seeing why now. Just to clarify, it does make the beeping noise while turning on. Just not the da da da da that people say while I attemp to update the firmware. Any idea what esc replacement costs? If that's the case.
The reason you are unable to start the motors is more than likely because the receiver and therefore the flight controller in the Inspire is not seeing 100% stick throw during the CSC command.
Recalibrate your RC and you should be able to fire up the aircraft.

Got it. Thanks for the info. Is the hdmi/ ish output module upgrade for the Phantom 3 the same as on the inspired? In other words, can I replace the one on the Inspire with the Phantom upgrade one. Would this be a way to fix my bad USB on the RC?

Thanks again
Benson

Sorry guys. Using my phone and it keeps auto correcting the wrong words. USB not ish and Inspire not inspired. I think you get the idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08