Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 / X5 Firmware upgrade - DJI clarification request

Reaction score
I have sent this to DJI support Europe but had no response.

Is this a fair question to ask? Am I just being dumb? I can't find any DJI instructions for the following scenario which I am sure many upgrading with the X5 but still want to use the X3 have found themselves in.

Questions to DJI

Dear DJI Support Europe

Please could you clarify the correct firmware update procedure for the following Inspire 1 aircraft. (The Inspire was supplied with the X3 camera)

Serial Number : W13DCDXXXXXXX
X3 Camera serial Number : W14DCEXXXXXX
I recently purchased an X5 camera with DJI 15mm lens to use for work that required a hight quality camera than the X3.
How should I upgrade the firmware.
1. Upgrade with Inspire1 firmware (Eg 1.6.0.40) the aircraft, X3 Camera and battery packs - Then use the Pro version firmware (E.g 1.3.0.60) to upgrade the X5
Or
2. Upgrade the Inspire1 with the X5 camera fitted with the Inspire 1Pro firmware (E.g 1.3.0.60) to upgrade aircraft, X5 camera and batteries - Then use the Inspire1 firmware (Eg 1.6.0.40) to upgrade the X3 camera.
OR another way as I cannot find an official DJI recommended method for this scenario.
Looking forward to your reply at yourearliestconvenience.

Kind Regards

Aye Up matey cheers, I have everything I have done documented for my OM/maintenance but its just really annoying DJI don't release a procedure. for this scenario. I have gone down the first one of my procedures and everything is working as it should be apart from the auto takeoff and auto landing is heavy only when the X5 is on it. Hence I am thinking next one Ill do the I1p firmware first, then the I1 to update the X3.

Aye Up matey cheers, I have everything I have done documented for my OM/maintenance but its just really annoying DJI don't release a procedure. for this scenario. I have gone down the first one of my procedures and everything is working as it should be apart from the auto takeoff and auto landing is heavy only when the X5 is on it. Hence I am thinking next one Ill do the I1p firmware first, then the I1 to update the X3.

I am in the same boat. I upgraded my Inspire 1 which I bought when it first came out with the X5 zenmuse system. I have updated my firmware with the X5 installed and am running the latest firmware with the Pro version. There are some instances where I would like to switch out camreras, using the X3 to get a wider view and I'm willing to accept the lower quality video output. I'm not sure what I should do next in terms of firmware updates?

Thanks

@Figbar So u upgraded your X3 inspire with the X5 Inspire Pro firmware? If so could you test if it will auto take off for me? See if it will take off to .8m and hover.
As regards the using the X3 I would suggest loading the latest FW BIN for the I1 (not Pro) put X3 on AC and turn it on. The X3 will upgrade allowing you to use it as well as the X5. ( well thats the theory. Thats why I have emailed DJI for clarification)

@Figbar So u upgraded your X3 inspire with the X5 Inspire Pro firmware? If so could you test if it will auto take off for me? See if it will take off to .8m and hover.
As regards the using the X3 I would suggest loading the latest FW BIN for the I1 (not Pro) put X3 on AC and turn it on. The X3 will upgrade allowing you to use it as well as the X5. ( well thats the theory. Thats why I have emailed DJI for clarification)

I upgraded my Inspire 1 with the Inspire Pro firmware while the x5 was attached. I've never done the auto takeoff or landing...I just don't trust this...I'd rather not leave this to some computer, especially programmed by a company that puts out so many things without adequate information or instructions. All this is really confusing. I appreciate your help.

I upgraded my Inspire 1 with the Inspire Pro firmware while the x5 was attached. I've never done the auto takeoff or landing...I just don't trust this...I'd rather not leave this to some computer, especially programmed by a company that puts out so many things without adequate information or instructions. All this is really confusing. I appreciate your help.
I don't need it either but its just part of my FW and GoApp tests for my records. Mine will not take off with the X5 fitted.

I don't need it either but its just part of my FW and GoApp tests for my records. Mine will not take off with the X5 fitted.

I guess that shouldn't be a problem...what is a problem, however, is the lack of response from DJI. You have a very legitimate question that a lot of us will have as well. We should be able to swap out our X5 and X3 cameras. How do we update firmware to ensure that we are doing this properly?

I guess that shouldn't be a problem...what is a problem, however, is the lack of response from DJI. You have a very legitimate question that a lot of us will have as well. We should be able to swap out our X5 and X3 cameras. How do we update firmware to ensure that we are doing this properly?
AND that is the question that should really be straight forward to answer.. But.. well I will wait and see 72 hours now with only a conformation receipt of the information request.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars