Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Blur on left side of image

6a042c0527724cbcf77af18ea72a11d0.jpg

Here is an example

I have an X4S and the right 1/6 section of my photos are out of focus... mostly noticeable in low light, but still not great during the day either. Has sending the camera back and getting a new one worked for anyone else, or is there still an issue with the X4S? I've been tolerating the blur, but now I'm getting real tired of it after seeing how sharp it should be (the left and mid areas are great, but the right disappoints me)
Send it back, it's a defect with the camera. I got the replacement and the picture is a lot better. Mine went in as DOA, took a long time but it is worth it.

Send it back, it's a defect with the camera. I got the replacement and the picture is a lot better. Mine went in as DOA, took a long time but it is worth it.

Are you supposed to include any paperwork/documentation inside the box with the camera?

Point is they don't have the experience of a camera companies like Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, etc making lenses with edge to edge sharpness. DJI was founded in 2006, Nikon was founded in 1917. Probaly a big difference in lens technology.

In fact DJI don't make any cameras only drones the camera is made by Ronin Technology Shenzhen, and also accounts for the delays when these get returned as DJI need to forward to Ronin adding days of extra delays

I have also discovered a very serious blur on the right hand 1/3 side of the frame. Sometimes its almost half the picture and some times its only the 1/3. When its showing as half the screen the blur is really bad, when its only the 1/3 its very noticeable but not near as bad. Still unusable.

After reading everything here it appears to a return/replace situation as no one has found a way to resolve this without a return? I cleaned the lens and did all the basic stuff already.....

Last edited:
I have also discovered a very series blur on the right hand 1/3 side of the frame. Sometimes its almost half the picture and some times its only the 1/3. When its showing as half the screen the blur is really bad, when its only the 1/3 its very notifiable but not near as bad. Still unusable.

After reading everything here it appears to a return/replace situation as no one has found a way to resolve this with its a return? I cleaned the lens and did all the basic stuff already.....

Yeah I recommend sending it back. It'll take a few weeks, but it's the only way unfortunately.

So after repeated inquire with DJI, I finally got my return shipping labels and set the unit X4S back yesterday, I took really nice pictures of the condition of the camera as I have seen many post getting gear back that is worse then what they sent in for repair. I hope to not have that issue however.

Got the camera back a few days ago and had a chance to test it. Works way Better. They sent me what I would think is a new camera, but the paint job was really rough feeling, not like the first one I had... either way, it looks new...

The process once they gave me an RMA number and sent the shipping labels was painless. too bad they made it miserable for so long before they did that part of of the work, or I could have said it was not a bad process.... either way, back in the air making pointless videos :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg