Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S vs. X5S

The X4s is a winner.. if you are not making big money how much are you files really worth? Unless you are going to buy at least another 2-3 k worth of stuff you get nothing but interchangable lenses. When you are shooting 4k you can just punch in. The x4s footage is amazing and better than the P4P imho. I think the processing done by the I2 processor makes a difference?. It is way better than anything that was offered for the I1 ... subject and operator make the real difference and you cant see the diff. on the net so comparison is a joke. It will all be out of date before you know it so how much do you want to spend?

Reactions: Bri Guy
Would someone please just post side by side p4p and x4s or x5s pictures? Anyone? Please?

Last edited:
Not a single side by side photo. I have searched and searched and have yet to find a side by side comparison. I'm on a forum and you don't think I know what google is?... this seems like the appropriate arena in which to ask a fellow uav pilot who has both drones to simply post side by sides. Perhaps I have joined the improper forum.

Not a single side by side photo. I have searched and searched and have yet to find a side by side comparison. I'm on a forum and you don't think I know what google is?... this seems like the appropriate arena in which to ask a fellow uav pilot who has both drones to simply post side by sides. Perhaps I have joined the improper forum.

I don't know what you know but when I decided to choose between the X4S and the X5S, I went to the shop that sells drones, took an SD card, and shot photos from both cameras and compared. I then made my decision, but in my case I just wanted the X5S regardless and bought what I wanted. The moral of the story is to go see for yourself if you can.

I don't know what you know but when I decided to choose between the X4S and the X5S, I went to the shop that sells drones, took an SD card, and shot photos from both cameras and compared. I then made my decision, but in my case I just wanted the X5S regardless and bought what I wanted. The moral of the story is to go see for yourself if you can.

helpful.

Not sure where Eric lives but testing yourself is not always possible. Nearest shop where I could compare is at least 200 miles away and that is if they would be nice and ship an I2 in for me. Local places have p3 advanced and the odd time a p4. Haven't seen a pro unit there yet. So I rely on what people say on different forums and hope I can discern truth from crap. So sometimes it seems like an unneeded question but the poster can't always find the info or is asking opinions to help decide on something you can't confirm for yourself.

Reactions: Cruncher
The X4s is a winner.. if you are not making big money how much are you files really worth? Unless you are going to buy at least another 2-3 k worth of stuff you get nothing but interchangable lenses. When you are shooting 4k you can just punch in. The x4s footage is amazing and better than the P4P imho. I think the processing done by the I2 processor makes a difference?. It is way better than anything that was offered for the I1 ... subject and operator make the real difference and you cant see the diff. on the net so comparison is a joke. It will all be out of date before you know it so how much do you want to spend?

THIS ^^^^^^

Not sure where Eric lives but testing yourself is not always possible. Nearest shop where I could compare is at least 200 miles away and that is if they would be nice and ship an I2 in for me. Local places have p3 advanced and the odd time a p4. Haven't seen a pro unit there yet. So I rely on what people say on different forums and hope I can discern truth from crap. So sometimes it seems like an unneeded question but the poster can't always find the info or is asking opinions to help decide on something you can't confirm for yourself.
Thank you.

Reactions: Cruncher
Ok. One more time... would someone with both the p4p and either x4s or x5s post side by side photographs for comparison?

Aperture control, focal length, standard sensor size.... plenty of reasons NOT to buy the x4 unless you wanna spend your time undercutting pros shooting houses.

Define professional or pro. In my book a pro is someone who gets the shot they are commissioned or paid to get. I hear this word thrown about all the time in the camera community. For the OP, buy what you want as it is your money. I had an X4S and now have an X5s. Reason for buy the X5S is simple. I wanted it. Also, I shoot more still images than video so the features of the X5S appealed more to my style of shooting (drone and DSLR). I think I have some X4S images (I only kept it 3 days) and if I do, I can post them alongside an X5S image.

photos taken right after reset all back to factory on auto. I don't have many with the X4S. Just got all back from repair. Both cameras and drone.

Attachments

• P4P.JPG
    P4P.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 61
  • X4S.JPG
    X4S.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 63
  • X5S.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: deltalimatango
So the answer to your question is a matter of opinion, and mine is yes, it is a must. The p4p+ has the same sensor as the x4s, and wth the 4 you cannot change lenses to get different perspectives. You also cannot utilize the high quality proress and cinemadng capabilities of the machine, so you are missing out. If your gonna go big, then go big all the way! This is my advise.

Yes......yes.....I agree 100%
AND
And I2 being a tad heavier is a tad steadier in higher winds.
Sensor a tad bigger.......can take pictures in a tad darker setting with less noise.
The question is............for the op.......is the extra money YOU pay for these extra things worth it to YOU. I really had to stretch my budget(and still am) to buy the I2 with x5s. What I can say is that I have absolutely no buyers remorse whatsoever. And I have plenty of bird to master........and this one will keep me busy for a while with no looking back.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltalimatango
Yes......yes.....I agree 100%
AND
And I2 being a tad heavier is a tad steadier in higher winds.
Sensor a tad bigger.......can take pictures in a tad darker setting with less noise.
The question is............for the op.......is the extra money YOU pay for these extra things worth it to YOU. I really had to stretch my budget(and still am) to buy the I2 with x5s. What I can say is that I have absolutely no buyers remorse whatsoever. And I have plenty of bird to master........and this one will keep me busy for a while with no looking back.

Explained perfectly. Many here are making money from their drone work while for me it is another hobby but coming from the photography world, I like to have a bit more control over things and the X5S gives me that. I can buy additional lenses if I chose to customize my set up. Not to say the X4S is a slouch in anyway, but for me, the X5S is really the way to go.

Reactions: Droneyboy
Obviously the x5s is tops in this. It takes full advantage of i2. However you may also need to invest in the ssd and a nice lens (or two) to take full advantage of the i2/x5s as well. The x4s is no pushover though, and neither is the p4p. I went x4s for now to really dial in my experience with the i2. Of course I will eventually bump to the x5s when I feel one to one with my i2. In the end the biggest factor will be YOU.

Explained perfectly. Many here are making money from their drone work while for me it is another hobby but coming from the photography world, I like to have a bit more control over things and the X5S gives me that. I can buy additional lenses if I chose to customize my set up. Not to say the X4S is a slouch in anyway, but for me, the X5S is really the way to go.
I have been a photographer for over 40 years and I found tools don't make you better. you have to better your skills. if you have to ask about the difference between the two cameras you're not ready for that particular camera yet. With the price difference of the two cameras being such a widespread, if you went with the x4s you could purchase Mavric pro and battery for the price of the x5s. If your skill level surpasses that of the X4s, get the 5s, I got my inspired 2 in February with the x4s and have made 7k. And I fly my Mavric everyday to work on my flying skill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379