Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 1080p vs 4K

Reaction score
Been Playing with my X5 Camera some more. I cannot figure why 1080p looks so good and my 4k looks terrible.
I shot a scene while sitting on the table same exposure on both. seems 1080p looks to be sharper, clear and more in focus..didnt change a thing except video format from 1080p to 4k. I'm Stumped

Been Playing with my X5 Camera some more. I cannot figure why 1080p looks so good and my 4k looks terrible.
I shot a scene while sitting on the table same exposure on both. seems 1080p looks to be sharper, clear and more in focus..didnt change a thing except video format from 1080p to 4k. I'm Stumped

4k has 4x the pixels of 1080p hd yet..
4k is recorded at 60MBs & 1080p at 40MBs.... Really 4k should be 160MBs
I have yet to try 1080p but but will try that tomorrow. The stills are great but 4k is a little detail lacking. Colour is great.

4k has 4x the pixels of 1080p hd yet..
4k is recorded at 60MBs & 1080p at 40MBs.... Really 4k should be 160MBs
I have yet to try 1080p but but will try that tomorrow. The stills are great but 4k is a little detail lacking. Colour is great.

Let me know what you think when you try 1080p. thanks

hi, same here. fullhd is much sharper as 4k. but the image has more flicker then in 4k.... dont understand that.

And that is why advertising these cameras as 4k ready. Is a half false
Then they tell us but you don't really need 4k it's great in 1080p.

Reactions: dopeytree
I have the same problem inconsistency with focus ... the X5 does not hold its focus between 4k & 1080 & photo....i had my focus set ok doing video,(1080 was the sharpest) changed to photo mode and bam the focus went out... also have you noticed that 24 & 30fps is cropped when compared to 48 & 60fps.... why is that..?.

Last edited:
Reactions: dopeytree
I shoot in 4K all the time. I do manual focus and camera controls. Nothing is auto. This is not an X3. I have three lenses that I use. It is an extension of my GH4 on the ground.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
My findings show that properly focused 4K from the x5 definitely have more detail than 1080. A good amount (when viewed on a 4K or 5k display; and look anazing down scaled on a 4K display). Care has to be taken on focus with this camera. Like Ed said, it's like a flying GH4.

My findings show that properly focused 4K from the x5 definitely have more detail than 1080. A good amount (when viewed on a 4K or 5k display; and look anazing down scaled on a 4K display). Care has to be taken on focus with this camera. Like Ed said, it's like a flying GH4.
Yes i agree at first the1080 looked better to me to.. but now i have the focus calibrated the 4K is better....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207