Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

x5 as a camera

there are some very nice panos going about from drone operators.

the 45mm is impressive!
and the city (you'll have to tell me where that is) looks spectacular!

The 45 has a nice perspective for panos - much more pleasing to the eye than the wide lenses. The front row of houses were 1/2 mile away and the building back center about 2 miles. Higher shutter may have helped, the softness is down to camera shake, not focus or anything else.
Shame the X5 doesn't have IS, take that last bit of vibration out.
But Hey, It's OK for what it is.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. Here is a short video I shot with my x5 yesterday. Looks much better than my p4 and x3. May not be the best since I am a rookie learning how camera settings work. (Shot in manual) :)

a little presentation of the image quality of the X5 + 15mm

I forgot to sett the image quality to Raw so this are JPG format image with a some tweaks with lightroom
Any way i was verry happy with the results of cource this where excellent lighting conditions.

Normaly i photography whit my canon EOS 5D mk3but with the arrival of my X5 its is a different way to make pictures and show photo's of a from a different angle.
I think it's not a good comparisons the X5 vs a DSLR cause of the different use of both and remember its the monkey behind the shutter who most do great work not the gear its self ;-)

zixhc0.jpg

a0i5qa.jpg

star.png
29mxbtw.jpg

104f4b5.jpg

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Took the jump, got the x5, it arrived yesterday.

been taking it out in beginner mode to see what its like, and i must say im very happy with it so far, even in the stiff breezes we have in this part of the world!
took a few photos yesterday, not as high up as id have liked, but its a start, as cropped as it is.

26111702124_b1a30df90e_k.jpg

in the interst of this thread, im looking at lens options.
namely the 45mm and 12mm lens'

do you just buy balancing rings for these or is it more of a DIY job?

Took the jump, got the x5, it arrived yesterday.

been taking it out in beginner mode to see what its like, and i must say im very happy with it so far, even in the stiff breezes we have in this part of the world!
took a few photos yesterday, not as high up as id have liked, but its a start, as cropped as it is.

26111702124_b1a30df90e_k.jpg

in the interst of this thread, im looking at lens options.
namely the 45mm and 12mm lens'

do you just buy balancing rings for these or is it more of a DIY job?
Looks good! Buy a filter kit. Hoya filters balance all lenses nearly perfectly, you'll need a step up ring for the 45mm though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44