Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 - best video settings for BBC

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a little job to do locally for a BBC report - I'm currently on the latest firmware - what are the best video settings going to be - I'll be supplying the video to their production team straight out of the camera - I know there have been complaints in the past about D-Log.

I've also seen advice to wind back the sharpness (-1), contrast(-3) and saturation(-3) - is that still the best advice?

thanks for any advice,
H

Hi

I've got a little job to do locally for a BBC report - I'm currently on the latest firmware - what are the best video settings going to be - I'll be supplying the video to their production team straight out of the camera - I know there have been complaints in the past about D-Log.

I've also seen advice to wind back the sharpness (-1), contrast(-3) and saturation(-3) - is that still the best advice?

thanks for any advice,
H

Some firmware versions have terrible noise issues with D-Log. Test it first to see if that is the case with yours. If it is for a news broadcast, check if they will colour grade the footage or not. Always have sharpness at -3. If they will colour grade, then -3 for the other values too. Use D-Log or None.

Hi

thanks for any advice,
H
I'm sure they'll specify for you but my go to settings would be..
PAL
1920x1080 or 3820 x 2160
25p
Colour profile: None or Cinelike-D

Then obviously set white balance and exposure manually as usual

Reactions: greyman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member