Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 camera filters

Remove the balance ring and use filter in it's place. Still use the plastic hood. (DJI 15mm lens)

Need some help here. Received the polarized filters for the X5S camera. After receiving them I'm not sure how to attach them to the Lens. If somebody could help me out with this I would appreciate it. Or if you have a link to a YouTube video to show how it's done. I can't see how to do it with the X5S.

I'm going to presume you are using the standard DJI 15mm lens...

1. Unscrew the lens hood from the lens
  2. Gently unscrew the small balance ring from the front of the lens. It looks like a filter without any glass in it.
  3. If it is difficult to unscrew, then try not squeezing the ring too tightly so as not to deform it.
  4. Screw the polariser filter onto the front of the lens in place of the balance ring. Be very careful to align the filter threads with those on the lens so as not to cross thread them! If the filter will not screw on to the lens easily, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORCE IT as you will most likely cross the threads and ruin them - gently unscrew the filter and try again.
  5. Re-attach the lens hood to the lens and make sure it is locked securely in place.
A simple search on YouTube will turn up many examples for you too (not necessarily on an X5S), here's just one example...

If you have problems, then find a friend who has used SLR or film cameras (or your local camera store) and get them to show you how to do it.

I don't understand the issue you're having. The principles are the same for any camera with screw-in filters. You attach a polariser in exactly the same way as shown in the video! You just have to grip the side of it a bit lower to stop the upper polariser section rotating while you screw it in.

You then pre-set the filter to give the strength of effect you want before flying by turning the polariser ring and watching the effect on the camera view of DJI Go.

You do have the 46mm dia filters for the X5/X5S - the ones for the x3 are different.

For those that are still missing the crucial thing here... first thing to do is check the lens diameter. I have different lenses on my X5 so I need to get different filter sizes to fit them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08