Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 fpv flickering

Reaction score
Hey gang,
occasionally I take it out in my yard and play with it, My sUAV that is, simply to cycle the batteries down and see how updates are affecting things. Since the latest FW and IOS updates my bird appears to be rock solid with the exception of major flickering in FPV, iPad 2.
normally I keep my flicker rate at 60Hz, but I even tried Auto, and it was so bad sometimes the screen turned green, pixelated and take 5 - 7 seconds to refresh. (Southeastern tip of North America)
This while hovering 1 meter away and inches from the walkway, ( I've done this countless times without interference). I even took her up to 175 ft. (class B airspace) and it continued.
Is anyone else having this issue?
I1, v2, X5 W/14-42 Oly lens. All hardware and iPad has latest updates and FW releases.

Hey gang,
occasionally I take it out in my yard and play with it, My sUAV that is, simply to cycle the batteries down and see how updates are affecting things. Since the latest FW and IOS updates my bird appears to be rock solid with the exception of major flickering in FPV, iPad 2.
normally I keep my flicker rate at 60Hz, but I even tried Auto, and it was so bad sometimes the screen turned green, pixelated and take 5 - 7 seconds to refresh. (Southeastern tip of North America)
This while hovering 1 meter away and inches from the walkway, ( I've done this countless times without interference). I even took her up to 175 ft. (class B airspace) and it continued.
Is anyone else having this issue?
I1, v2, X5 W/14-42 Oly lens. All hardware and iPad has latest updates and FW releases.
The anti flicker setting will not have an affect on FPV breakup as this is for filming under artificial lighting (streetlights etc) where the framerate is not locked to line frequency which for the States is 60Hz. It is best just to leave it on auto unless you are in an area or different country where the mains line frequency would be out of phase with your selected framerate - shooting at 30 or 60fps for example under UK lighting which would be at 50Hz.

However, your problem sounds more like a channel change issue on the Lightbridge.
Do you have the 32 channel hack installed and have a certain frequency selected or do you have it set to auto?
Also, try lowering the bitrate of your FPV feed in the channel select page.

The anti flicker setting will not have an affect on FPV breakup as this is for filming under artificial lighting (streetlights etc) where the framerate is not locked to line frequency which for the States is 60Hz. It is best just to leave it on auto unless you are in an area or different country where the mains line frequency would be out of phase with your selected framerate - shooting at 30 or 60fps for example under UK lighting which would be at 50Hz.

However, your problem sounds more like a channel change issue on the Lightbridge.
Do you have the 32 channel hack installed and have a certain frequency selected or do you have it set to auto?
Also, try lowering the bitrate of your FPV feed in the channel select page.
Thanks, I'll lower the bit rate and report back. No hacks or third party software.

Update,
Well I couldn't figure out how to lower my bitrate but apparently it was a transient issue as everything seems back to normal this morning.
As usual I appreciate and respect the knowledgable input from the members.

Thank you and happy flying!
Mac D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide