Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 gimbal maximum lens load capacity?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a micro 4/3 lens other than the recommended list from DJI?

I'm wanting to switch from a custom drone set-up to the Inspire 1 v2.0 but have a few more questions.

Currently I use a Panasonic G Vario 12-60mm lens (mf# H-FS12060) on a GH4 because it has super fast focusing and full time O.I.S. The concern is the 210g weight because the heaviest DJI lens appears to be the Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 at 120g.

Is the 12-60mm lens too heavy for the X5 series gimbal/camera on the Inspire?

Would enough counter balance weight make this work?

Are the new Inspire motors capable of carrying this additional weight? (I already understand flight times would be greatly reduced because of it)

Goal is to avoid the extra cost and size of the Matrice 600.

Preciate any feedback

Has anyone tried a micro 4/3 lens other than the recommended list from DJI?

I'm wanting to switch from a custom drone set-up to the Inspire 1 v2.0 but have a few more questions.

Currently I use a Panasonic G Vario 12-60mm lens (mf# H-FS12060) on a GH4 because it has super fast focusing and full time O.I.S. The concern is the 210g weight because the heaviest DJI lens appears to be the Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 at 120g.

Is the 12-60mm lens too heavy for the X5 series gimbal/camera on the Inspire?

Would enough counter balance weight make this work?

Are the new Inspire motors capable of carrying this additional weight? (I already understand flight times would be greatly reduced because of it)

Goal is to avoid the extra cost and size of the Matrice 600.

Preciate any feedback
It's not only the weight factor, although a lens with that much mass will have a lot of inertia for the motors to counteract.
It is also whether the X5(R) will even recognise the lens.

Both good points. The first is another consideration to the original question of load capacity. Which inertia would add to that. My initial thought is it wouldn't be significant because the velocity of pitch/yaw rotation is too slow especially if the camera was balanced properly. Basecam/Alexmos controllers can be tuned accordingly but I'm uncertain how the DJI stuff can be adjusted if at all.

The second would be a firmware question so I need to know if anyone has even attempted and had success or failure with another lens regardless of the weight. Correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers