Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Gimble Wobble

Reaction score
I've run into an issue with my video, which at first I just thought it was from trying to fly in a strong head wind, but the video below shows what my camera is constantly doing, even while sitting still on my counter in my kitchen.

I've recalibrated my camera, but the problems hasn't gone away.

Any thoughts on issue or fix?

Flew again today... still getting a wobble in my camera. It's like I'm in a boat getting rocked by waves.

I've got the latest firmware on my Inspire 1 and RC. I even calibrated the gimbal more than once before taking off, just to make sure... Didn't help.

This is video of what it's doing, even on the ground.

Definally not normal... is it the stock lens ? or have you try with other lens ?

I don't have an I1, but from experience with the x5 on osmo and some initial gimbal problems I had with a P4, these are a couple of things you could try...

- check the gimbal contacts on the camera and inspire are both clean so they have a good connection.
- recalibrate your IMUs. The gimbal uses feedback from the flight systems to counter movement. Then recalibrate the gimbal and set its roll back to 0.
- make a note of the gimbal settings (exp etc) in DJI go and then reset them.

Hopefully, one of those might help improve it.

Last edited:
Definally not normal... is it the stock lens ? or have you try with other lens ?

This is the stock lens. I don't have any other lenses to try at the moment.

- check the gimbal contacts on the camera and inspire are both clean so they have a good connection.
- recalibrate your IMUs. The gimbal uses feedback from the flight systems to counter movement. Then recalibrate the gimbal and set its roll back to 0.
- make a note of the gimbal settings (exp etc) in DJI go and then reset them..

I've recalibrated the IMU and gimbal, but it still wobbled on me today while flying. I even reset the settings on the DJI GO app.

This was while I was on the ground earlier today...

I was having a very similar problem with the X5R. Could not resolve it after trying everything except for recalibration of the IMU as it was also happening when I had it on the osmo, so I know it wasn't the aircraft.
My supplier is currently in the process of replacing it. It was strange. Exactly like yours, but it just all of a sudden started one day, no heavy landings or anything like that ever.

Here is my video:

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963