Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Lens Correction Final Cut Pro X?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to correct the X5 lens distortion in Final Cut Pro X? I use the 15mm DJi lense and Olympus 12mm. Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately lightroom seems to have correction for all of the Phantoms and the Zenmuse X3 but not for the X5 nor for some reason I can't imagine there is no Olympus in my lens profiles either, pretty confusing. Inly thing is to eye it and do manual adjustment for now, I think it's time to write Adobe and see what gives

Reactions: Msalve
Unfortunately lightroom seems to have correction for all of the Phantoms and the Zenmuse X3 but not for the X5 nor for some reason I can't imagine there is no Olympus in my lens profiles either, pretty confusing. Inly thing is to eye it and do manual adjustment for now, I think it's time to write Adobe and see what gives

Any idea how to do that in Final Cut Pro X?

frankly no, however there are plugins specifically made to correct for sports cameras wide angle lens distortions, I'm sure looking further there must be someone making lens profile correction plugins for others. If you have a good eye for it the sport camera plugins might be able to be manipulated to correct for other lesser distortion.

frankly no, however there are plugins specifically made to correct for sports cameras wide angle lens distortions, I'm sure looking further there must be someone making lens profile correction plugins for others. If you have a good eye for it the sport camera plugins might be able to be manipulated to correct for other lesser distortion.

Why does the X5 even have distortion? I thought DJI markets this camera as a high end camera not a gopro

every single lens made introduces distortion, it's the nature of the curvature of the lens and in lenses with many components you have many distortions trying to counteract one another, no matter how good the optics they will all have a character, in some cases desirable in others not. You pay thousands of dollars and still will need some sort of correction. What the X5 15mm or for that matter most aftermarket lenses you might switch to, is the "fisheye" curvature that the GoPro introduces. However there is the tradeoff of narrower field of view.

every single lens made introduces distortion, it's the nature of the curvature of the lens and in lenses with many components you have many distortions trying to counteract one another, no matter how good the optics they will all have a character, in some cases desirable in others not. You pay thousands of dollars and still will need some sort of correction.

My phantom 3 advance camera doesn't have any noticeable distortion. But that makes me feel better now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips